cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2000 Smoke and CO Alarms

Moon36532
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Motorhome both smoke and CO alarms were attached by a permanent base with replacement inserts. Base still remain but replacement units have disappeared. I would like to continue to use the installed bases if I can recover the name and number of the replacement. No identification on bases.

Smoke insert diameter 53/8+-
CO 33/8" +-

Would appreciate help in identifying a source for replacements for these alarms
Moon Mullins
7 REPLIES 7

Moon36532
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the ambiguous early post. As DrewE correctly posted,the combo monitor/alarm is a CO and smoke alarm. Yes the butane is totally separate and near the floor.
Again, thanks for the helpful suggestions as well as the questions.
Moon Mullins

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
ajriding wrote:
Aren't propane and CO monitors on the floor and smoke at the ceiling? How do you have a combo?

Propane is along the floor, or should be. CO doesn't really matter as CO is very very close in density to air, so diffuses pretty well throughout. Combo smoke and CO detectors are very commonly available. I in fact have two in my RV, as replacements, located where the smoke and CO detectors originally were: one in the front, and one in the bedroom area at the back.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Aren't propane and CO monitors on the floor and smoke at the ceiling? How do you have a combo?

Moon36532
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for all the help. Very useful. I found a Kidde combination alarm with the same dimensions as the legacy smoke alarm. It will install exactly over the space occupied by the old one, so will look neat.
Moon Mullins

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I changed the base.

Most of those are Atwood/kiddie by the way.. (Same product two labels)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
First Alert is the brand that I know of that uses a fixed base, and a removable detector unit. We have an SCO5RVA in the TC. It is a combination smoke and CO detector.
The First Alert website should give you some ideas.
Most of the other brands you just open the cover and install screws through the back plate.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thats pretty old just buy a one with the base. after a few years the go bad any way.