cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water pump location

Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2003 Coachmen Clipper 116 Sport Plus pop up pull behind.
It has a fresh water holding tank. I cant seem to find the location of the pump. Reason for looking, No pressure or sound of the pump. Looked all over and there is no indication that there was ever one in it. ( Cut wires, screw holes, capped hoses ) If there is a water holding tank doesn't there have to be a pump to get it out?
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.
11 REPLIES 11

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
352 wrote:
Update. It is a dual pump faucet. Thanks all.

Thank you for letting us know.
One of my SPUTs (Stupid Pop Up Trick). Next to my hand pump is a 'L' shaped bar, that can be rotated to hold the handle down. For a long time that bar was just to hold the handle, keep from pumping water as we bounce down the road. First time on a site with water hook up, DW is hooking up power and water while I'm cranking up roof, pulling out bunks, you know, setting up the camper. Why is water flowing out the door? Look inside. Of course, the faucet is turned off to side to clear stuff in sink, and that bar holding the handle down is letting water run

Explorer
Explorer
Update. It is a dual pump faucet. Thanks all.

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
On a pop up we had (1989 ), the faucet on the sink was a 2 way unit. If hooked to city water, then the faucet functioned like a regular faucet, twist on twist other way off. If using the fresh water tank, twist the faucet open all the way and pump the knob up and down to draw water from the tank. Maybe follow the hoses from the faucet to see where they go.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Water pump usually controlled by switch - turn on a faucet and then start flipping switches until you hear the pump turn on. In my friends Coachman the water pump was located inside a cabinet but you had to remove a back panel inside the cabinet to actually get access to the pump.
Kevin

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it even has one, it's in one of the cabinets the unit has.. Can't be anyplace else, if it has one at all. Do you have a switch to turn one on in the first place? If no switch, then no pump..

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
JRscooby wrote:
Are you sure it does not have a hand pump? Does it have a lever near the faucet? With water in tank, work that handle up and down.

Oh yeah. He has a pop-up.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure it does not have a hand pump? Does it have a lever near the faucet? With water in tank, work that handle up and down.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
jdc1 wrote:
Turn the pump on and follow the noise.

This. It doesn't hurt the pump to run dry.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turn the pump and and follow the noise.

Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
google that unit .

Tried to and no specs came up.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
google that unit .