cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hard water stains

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
What's the best way to remove hard water stains from the side of your coach? I get some periodic dripping from refrig venting and from roof air conditioners that run down the side. Leaves a white streak. I'm assuming it's due to hard water.
8 REPLIES 8

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, as Bill said, condensate is not hard water. You need to figure out what smutz the water is picking up from the a/c and roof as that is what you're seeing when the water dries. Sometimes it's just the wax reacting to water staining, which is fixed through the use of a cleaner wax.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's condensation from your A/C, that would not be hard water. Condensing water is about as soft as it gets as it's nothing other than what's in the air.
The water then drips and runs across the roof picking up junk along the way. The rubber roof's are most notable for causing the white streaks on the sides of RV's. Once you get the sides clean, keeping the roof cleaned and sealed is a better long term solution.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if it will work but how about Mr. Clean magic eraser?
Clean out the gutters and raise the front/back slightly higher to allow the water to run off.
For the Refer drain can you put a spacer between the hose and wall so the water doesn't run down the wall.
P.S. we don't seem to have this refer problem.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
JoeH wrote:
clay bar will do it

Yep!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
clay bar will do it
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Muriatic acid followed by washing with soap and water.
Wax to reduce future staining.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Try a little vinegar on a rag.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've had this and used various things, not found anything real good yet. I don't know if you would be able to use CLR or some other mineral deposit cleaning agent on the paint or not - maybe ask a body shop?