Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Compact Class C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Compact Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
msmith1199

Reno, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here’s what I’m looking for. I know they exist because I’ve seen them, but I can’t seem to find any manufacturer making them new. And I’d like a new one.

I’ve got a 15 year old Class A DP that I’ve had since new. Yeah it’s got plenty of space and is great when parked, but we don’t stay in one place a long time. What I’m looking for is a compact Class C motorhome similar to the ones you see on the Sprinter chassis, but not on the Sprinter Chassis. I want the capability of going on long cross country trips without a toad but I also want to be able to go on local trips and bring the Ford Ranger toad. The Sprinter Chassis just doesn’t have enough towing capacity that I feel comfortable towing the Ranger with it.

So what I’m looking for is a Class C Compact, on a Ford F-450 or similar chassis with the V-10 gas engine (or GM equivalent. I want something in the 24 to 26 foot range with the narrow body. And I’ve seen them on the road, but I can’t find anybody making a new one. Seems like everything is on a Sprinter chassis or one of the Transit van chassis and they have the small chassis and only a few thousand pound towing capacity. Anybody have any idea which manufacture is making these new?

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Phoenix Cruiser

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Jayco Redhawk may fit the bill,and as a plus it comes on a Chevy Chassis

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfstream BT cruiser.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe one of the new 2020 Ford Transits would work for you. Some can tow 5000 lbs.

example of last years model :
New 2019 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR

Specifications
Sleeps 3 Slides 1
Length 23 ft 6 in Ext Width 7 ft 6 in
Ext Height 10 ft 5 in Int Height 6 ft 8 in
Interior Color Forged Steel
Hitch Weight 5000 lbs
Gross Weight 10360 lbs Fresh Water Capacity 31 gals
Grey Water Capacity 37.5 gals Black Water Capacity 28.5 gals
Furnace BTU 19000 btu Fuel Type Diesel
Engine 3.2L I-5 Power Stroke Chassis Ford Transit
Horsepower 185 hp Fuel Capacity 25 gals
Wheelbase 156 in Available Beds Queen
Torque 350 ft-lb Refrigerator Size 5.5 cu ft
Convection Cooking Yes Cooktop Burners 1
Shower Size 27" x 27" Number of Awnings 1
LP Tank Capacity 68 Water Heater Type Instant Tankless
AC BTU 13500 btu Basement Storage 25.3 cu. ft.
TV Info LR 32" LED, BR 32" LED, Ext. 32" LED Option Awning Info 14' Power
Gross Combined Weight 13500 lbs Shower Type Angled
Electrical Service 30 amp VIN 1FDWS8PV3JKA45214

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP
"Here’s what I’m looking for. I know they exist because I’ve seen them, but I can’t seem to find any manufacturer making them new. And I’d like a new one."

Could you have thinking about the Majestic 19G Four Winds made one for the rental company. I think they are sold as used units.

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/buy-used-r........rv-sales-inventory-usa/thor-majestic-19g

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1199 wrote:

Here’s what I’m looking for. I know they exist because I’ve seen them, but I can’t seem to find any manufacturer making them new. And I’d like a new one.

I’ve got a 15 year old Class A DP that I’ve had since new. Yeah it’s got plenty of space and is great when parked, but we don’t stay in one place a long time. What I’m looking for is a compact Class C motorhome similar to the ones you see on the Sprinter chassis, but not on the Sprinter Chassis. I want the capability of going on long cross country trips without a toad but I also want to be able to go on local trips and bring the Ford Ranger toad. The Sprinter Chassis just doesn’t have enough towing capacity that I feel comfortable towing the Ranger with it.

So what I’m looking for is a Class C Compact, on a Ford F-450 or similar chassis with the V-10 gas engine (or GM equivalent. I want something in the 24 to 26 foot range with the narrow body. And I’ve seen them on the road, but I can’t find anybody making a new one. Seems like everything is on a Sprinter chassis or one of the Transit van chassis and they have the small chassis and only a few thousand pound towing capacity. Anybody have any idea which manufacture is making these new?

"The Sprinter Chassis just doesn’t have enough towing capacity that I feel comfortable towing the Ranger with it."
WTF? How heavy is the Ranger? If it's too heavy, get a Wrangler.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/20 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the sprinter will tow a ranger with no problems. and double your fuel mpg compared to a v8

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many Sprinter mohos can tow 5,000 lbs.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1199 wrote:

If you can work out the money part, based on the Ford E450 chassis here's what you want (but note that it's not a "true Class C" because it doesn't have an overhead cab bed):
https://www.coachhouserv.com/models/platinum/

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Compact Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.