cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my emails disappear?

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a new iPhone XR. I’ve noticed that sometimes an email that I was leaving in my inbox for awhile just goes away. It seems random. I’ve read them and just wanted to keep them for awhile and then I look again and it is gone. I don’t get it.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
5 REPLIES 5

cathanas
Explorer III
Explorer III
Settings, Passwords & Accounts, select the Account, find Mail Days to Sync and adjust accordingly.

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Most phones have an email setting similar to ' days of email to sync'. This means these are the only emails brought to your phone. They are still online, just not brought to the phone, change the sync time if you wish.
Not sure about iphones but for Microsoft accounts, if you delete them using the phone they are deleted online.

MS accounts, if they are past the sync days go to https://outlook.live.com/mail to see old emails.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
The last answer makes sense. I have a hotmail, outlook address and they are the ones that go away. The gmail ones stay. Why didn’t this happen with my old iPhone 7?? Is there a setting I can change?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I don’t think your emails are deleted. The iPhone simply stops displaying them after a certain length of time. I would use the app specific to your e-mail (outlook app if you have an outlook email address) and you should be able to view all your emails.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
What mail app are you using? Who is your email provider? How long are they there before they go away? Are they gone or moved to trash/deleted?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT