Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Insurance Denying Claims
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Dabernathy8181

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2012 Cyclone Toyhauler. The worst RV that I've ever owned. I am currently in a struggle with my insurance about a crack in the sidewall by the bedroom slide that they are denying.

Has anyone dealt with insurance on similar matters? Does anyone know a lawyer that may be able to help me out with a letter to the insurance company to get them to reverse their decision to deny the claim. I have full coverage, denied because they believe that t was caused by a user maintenance issue.

The crack started at the bedroom slide and has started to work its way towards the front of the camper. the crack has allowed moisture to penetrate the exterior structure and has caused delamination in this area now. There are no user maintainable seals in this area.

swphotobug

varous

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just read about these guys. You might want to email them and see if they can help.

Collision Safety Consultants
704-747-9337

They apparently tackle the insurance companies and mny tims get the insurance company to pay up.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What the basis for your claim - were you in an accident? My insurance would reimburse me for the cost of the repair if it were an accident but otherwise they would deny. Similar to if your car bumper fell off for no reason - that's not something they usually insure for.

Kevin

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s time to find an attorney.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A crack in a sidewall not associated with an accident or collision of some type is something an insurance company is not likely to cover. They would probably classify that as a defective product to be addressed by the manufacturer if still under warranty, or completely on you if not.

That and the fact that some insurance companies are far more difficult to address problems than others makes it even harder for some.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are describing a warranty issue, not an insurance issue. And since your trailer is 8 years old, you're out of luck unless you somehow have an extended warranty/service contract. Even then, the fine print will likely not go in your favor.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any idea when this started and was there an event that precipitated cracking? Most likely a stress fracture. While there may not be any owner fixable seals or repairs, someone can and potentially could have. Might check with the manufacturer if they are still in business. They may have an extended term warranty of the structure part of the RV.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

swphotobug wrote:

I just read about these guys. You might want to email them and see if they can help.

Collision Safety Consultants
704-747-9337

They apparently tackle the insurance companies and mny tims get the insurance company to pay up.

sucker move using an outfit like that

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dabernathy, read your insurance declaration page and the rest of the policy. Unless you have something different in writing, insurance doesn't cover wear n tear or mfg's defects.

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you mean some kind of extended warranty? I can't imagine insurance covering something like that w/o an accident or impact of some sort.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.