cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myfi Jetpac working poorly

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Picked one up last year when we came down south.
Worked fine.
This year stopped in Dillon Montana at Verizon. Bought a new SIM card and were on our way. It has been very inconsistent. Works fine streams video fine then slows to a snails pace for 30 min then picks up again. We are boon-docking near Borrego like last year.
Jetpac stalls. I switch to IPhone for a hot spot ...no problem.
Ticked off.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
4 REPLIES 4

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Try a Netgear MIMO antenna:
https://learntorv.com/netgear-hotspot-antenna/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think they said They had to change the SIM card because I had had a temporary account.
Last night when t jet showed .5 download speed I did a speed test using my IPhone as a hotspot. 22.8!
So the Jetpac seems to be the issue.
We are from Kanada so if I was to just use my phone as a hotspot our cost would be much higher.
According to the pac and phone it would appear we have very good signal strength.
But I will down load the app. Thanks for the tip.
At the moment phone hotspot 70+ download speed. Jet .50
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
A jetpack , like any other cellular device, requires a good signal. Have you verified you are getting a good signal to the unit? An app like Opensignal will help determine what towers are near you and what sort of signal strength you are getting. Throttling wouldn't be intermittent. Once you reach a threshold it will slow down until the next cycle. I know on our last jetpack it was pretty finicky about where I placed it in the RV. I bought a small antenna for it and that really helped. Also, if you are happy with your phone as a hotspot, what do you need a jetpack for and why did you change the sim card?

Years ago, I had a hotspot that worked great, until it didn't. No idea what happened and it was replaced by the carrier, but it just stopped working properly. Very weird.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like throttling based on whatever plan you are on.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob