cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Sealing

Puddles
Explorer
Explorer
Hey... I've tried several searches for Crazy Seal roof coating... came up with nothing. Prby my lack of search skills... anyway, has anyone used this product? If so, any comments would be appreciated. Travel safe
HTML
12 REPLIES 12

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Just curious what "problem" this is supposed to "fix"? One of our camping buddies has a 2002 camper with the original EPDM roof. No coatings, just routine Dicor at the wall joints. Our last camper was 12 years old when we sold it, original roof with no coatings.

High solid silicone roof coatings should not be installed over TPO or EPDM roofs. It's for metal, fiberglass, wood or other non- sheet membrane roofing. In the most general sense, it would be like laying a 1/8" layer of lap sealant over the entire roof in one continuous uninterrupted sheet covering everything with no seams. It would act like the roofing material, seam tape and lap sealant all in one with the added benefit of being sun reflective and providing an insulating thermal break to the roof. But, it's not designed for every type of roof and sadly, it's most often installed incorrectly causing people to talk smack about it.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious what "problem" this is supposed to "fix"? One of our camping buddies has a 2002 camper with the original EPDM roof. No coatings, just routine Dicor at the wall joints. Our last camper was 12 years old when we sold it, original roof with no coatings.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Pheonix87
Explorer
Explorer
I've used it but it didn't work for me, honestly. Replaced it with another product after a while, wouldn't recommend.

Puddles
Explorer
Explorer
ajriding wrote:
spam post
so obvious.
agree, who cannot search for something?
moderator, remove wasteful post?

You're wrong... I was searching using the words Crazy Seal... wanted to see if anyone had ever used it... couldn't find anything.. hense, the post using roof coatings. "Obvious" seems a little strong.
HTML

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
spam post
so obvious.
agree, who cannot search for something?
moderator, remove wasteful post?

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
That product is similar to all the other 100% High Solid Silicone Roof Coatings sold under a variety of names. I said similar because that product is a cross between silicone roof patch and coating. Roofing silicone patch is dense due to the incorporation of poly fibers to strengthen the coating. Regular silicone coating is flowing with no fiber additives. That product seems to have included fibers while maintaining the flowability. I'll say that if it can be applied like a regular 100% High Solid Silicone Roof Coating with the added benefit of having some poly fibers, it may be an improvement over regular silicone roof coatings used on RV's.

Now, as for RV high solid silicone coatings, there are many who love it and many who hate it. You can research High Solid Silicone Roof Coatings and get a sense of it's advantages and disadvantages.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Second the post on Dicor and Eternabond. But it sounds like you want to coat entire roof?

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
I've never heard of it. The last 2 TT's we had, and now our C, the first thing I do is Eternabond the seams on the roof...vents, front cap to roof, etc.

Has anyone ever used this crazy seal stuff? At $500 it sure seems expensive.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Puddles wrote:
Hey... I've tried several searches for Crazy Seal roof coating... came up with nothing. Prby my lack of search skills... anyway, has anyone used this product? If so, any comments would be appreciated. Travel safe

CrazySeal

Found it on the RVTravel.com current newsletter from this last Sunday.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why try out something new when there are so many happy with Dicor, Heng's, Eternbond etc.? And Heng's is super easy to apply.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Junk like that is usually short-lived. Use the appropriate Dicor sealant or Eternabond tape. Do it right, do it once.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Given the ease of finding crazyseal.com, I gotta call โ€œspam.โ€