Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Load Range G Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Load Range G Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/26/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/16/20 11:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Or just buy Sailun S637s and have a lot less failures"

I am NOT saying you are wrong, BUT like my friend tells me "prove it".

Show GY "G" and "H" tire sales numbers and Sailun's. Then show NON road hazard claims. Unless you do that it's all OPINION.

Who had a road hazard on a ENDURANCE and GY replaced the tire??? [emoticon]
Oh absolutely, it's all hearsay and anecdotal evidence. But there's a lot of it. [emoticon] That's one of the reasons I visit forums is to get opinions, and "news" about what works, and what doesn't. It's 90% opinion and sometimes unsubstantiated "facts".

There were lots and lots of tales of the China made tires from 5-10 years ago that frequently failed. That chatter was what made me get rid of my Carlisle tires, and of course the fact the two of them failed before they were 2 years old. [emoticon]

I don't base my actions on one or two opinions, or posts on a forum. But let's face it, the almost unheard of a failure of a Sailun S637 tire is pretty darned impressive.


X2. My real world experience with the Sailuns too has been 100% positive and I will do it again in the future if I am in need of G rated tires. I really tried to buy US made tires, folks, but close to double the price was just a bit too much for this working guy!


2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:



X2. My real world experience with the Sailuns too has been 100% positive and I will do it again in the future if I am in need of G rated tires. I really tried to buy US made tires, folks, but close to double the price was just a bit too much for this working guy!



Yes the price is a big factor, but I also wanted the best tire . It was not all about the price ,but the history of failures steered me away from Goodyear. Some insist on prove, yet refuse to listen when there has been proof plus the pictures thats been posted on here.

* This post was edited 02/18/20 06:56am by an administrator/moderator *

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Or just buy Sailun S637s and have a lot less failures"

I am NOT saying you are wrong, BUT like my friend tells me "prove it".

Show GY "G" and "H" tire sales numbers and Sailun's. Then show NON road hazard claims. Unless you do that it's all OPINION.

Who had a road hazard on a ENDURANCE and GY replaced the tire??? [emoticon]



Ron, You say prove it . I posted here on a Sailun failure last year . Search that thread on here ,and see the G614 BLOWOUT. This is just one that I mentioned of a few that I have read about ,and seen on the Montana forum. When they read my thread they posted on here about their G614 blowout .

I have invited you on a couple of occasions , to go take a look on the Montana forum, also included on there was a G114. Yes the Goodyears do continue to have blowouts.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have LOOKED on these forums for NON road hazard GY "G" failures, didn't see any.

Still waiting........

Come on guys you are the ones saying the GY's are so horrible so show me!

You guys that say the price is too much at least you are honest, but don't try to justify this because the GY is so bad because the evidence post 07 simply does not show it being a bad tire!

OH yea I was a "working guy" when I purchased GY "G" tires twice and GY "H" tires once.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have LOOKED on these forums for NON road hazard GY "G" failures, didn't see any.

Still waiting........

Come on guys you are the ones saying the GY's are so horrible so show me!

You guys that say the price is too much at least you are honest, but don't try to justify this because the GY is so bad because the evidence post 07 simply does not show it being a bad tire!

OH yea I was a "working guy" when I purchased GY "G" tires twice and GY "H" tires once.



I was a working guy when I bought Goodyear, then I got wise [emoticon]

buc1980

houston tx

Senior Member

Joined: 06/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/17/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use to have GY 614 back in 2005-2007 they was a disaster .That why I don't trust them no more.


2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,14750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

buc1980 wrote:

I use to have GY 614 back in 2005-2007 they was a disaster .That why I don't trust them no more.


But yet you drive a Ford that did have two disastrous previous Diesel engines.

As I mentioned they "DID" have issues in that era.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still avoiding a simple cut n paste I see. If three are so many you should have no problem posting several. Since date mid 07 there should be literally hundreds of story’s when simply doing a “GoodYear “G” tire failures or issues” search. They just aint there.

You are saying something I am saying prove it.

Funny this is no different than FISH constantly saying how many head gasket failures on Cummins 6.7’s there were.

Every time they were related to someone having a tuner. I kept calling him on it and he kept giving false examples. FINALLY he gave up trying to make the Cummins look bad with deceptable statements.

So keep “telling us” of all the OLD GY failures.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I used ford truck guys prices he mentioned on the other thread.


The numbers I quoted were for the Sailun 17.5 and the GY 215/75R17.5-G114.....

I have not looked yet today, but those were as of the other day... I too like the fact that the GY will not only pay for the tire, but more times than not they will help with RV damage...


The GY G614 235/85R16 are listed at $282.97...
The GY G114 215/75R17.5 are listed at $291.97


The Saliun S637 235/85R16 are listed at $167.97
The Saliun S637 215/75R17.5 are listed at $201.99

Not enough price difference for me to be concerned on my 17.5's

* This post was last edited 02/17/20 07:48pm by ford truck guy *   View edit history


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2011

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/17/20 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I was running the even more expensive H G114 tires. Running on the Western end of the Ohio Turnpike at 65 MPH, all four tires were running closely for both pressure and temp when a shotgun went off and pieces to tire were flying.
Totally threw the tread right down to the steel cord. Tire was 4 1/2 years old and was planning on replacing all during our Winter Down Time in FLA.
Morale of the story, even the best tires can self destruct.


2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Load Range G Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.