Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Load Range G Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Load Range G Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/20 10:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

I think what Chris is saying is...it is a road hazard, but he did not have coverage for that. Nice GY paid half, when they did not need to. Paying half was just good advertising, with very little actual cost to GY.

Jerry
If you buy your GY through America's Tire/Discount Tire basic road hazard repair is included. Replacing an unrepairable tire is extra.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

MFL wrote:

I think what Chris is saying is...it is a road hazard, but he did not have coverage for that. Nice GY paid half, when they did not need to. Paying half was just good advertising, with very little actual cost to GY.

Jerry
If you buy your GY through America's Tire/Discount Tire basic road hazard repair is included. Replacing an unrepairable tire is extra.

Yep, this was not reparable!

[image]

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Still avoiding a simple cut n paste I see. If three are so many you should have no problem posting several. Since date mid 07 there should be literally hundreds of story’s when simply doing a “GoodYear “G” tire failures or issues” search. They just aint there.

I Just saw this posted last nite....funny.
A search on this website is......well lets say lacking at best about any subject. Myself I wouldn't waste time on this website search function.
A quick 1 min google had pages of hits on the G614 issues from HH II...montana....forestriver.....heartland...mobile suites....others. Even saw some horse haulers....boaters/other website dot coms show up.

The first one had this to say about Goodyears G614:

from Simpletire customer comments :
G614 issues
**On 07/22/2019 gave an Overall Rating of 1 2 3 4 5 5.00
Comments:
Blew another G 614 So went with 4 S637 in 235/85/16 Drove home 350 miles they were the smoothest straightest miles I have ever towed Just Love them.**

There were 18 more pages and I have no idea how they all went. Someone could spend hours searching through all those pages.

Just because one poster hasn't seen and read about them doesn't mean the rest of us haven't.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

edbehnke

North America (from Michigan)

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

7 pages just to tell the guy that the tires are fine:-) cool.

eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Quote:

Still avoiding a simple cut n paste I see. If three are so many you should have no problem posting several. Since date mid 07 there should be literally hundreds of story’s when simply doing a “GoodYear “G” tire failures or issues” search. They just aint there.

I Just saw this posted last nite....funny.
A search on this website is......well lets say lacking at best about any subject. Myself I wouldn't waste time on this website search function.
A quick 1 min google had pages of hits on the G614 issues from HH II...montana....forestriver.....heartland...mobile suites....others. Even saw some horse haulers....boaters/other website dot coms show up.

The first one had this to say about Goodyears G614:

from Simpletire customer comments :
G614 issues
**On 07/22/2019 gave an Overall Rating of 1 2 3 4 5 5.00
Comments:
Blew another G 614 So went with 4 S637 in 235/85/16 Drove home 350 miles they were the smoothest straightest miles I have ever towed Just Love them.**

There were 18 more pages and I have no idea how they all went. Someone could spend hours searching through all those pages.

Just because one poster hasn't seen and read about them doesn't mean the rest of us haven't.

The fact is those failures continue to happen with Goodyear’s , had no reason to report other then the fact some insist they do not . IMO everyone needs to hear the bad , when some insist otherwise .

I believe it’s been asked the same about Sailun , the reports of issues are just not there , and there have been thousands sold . At this point a more reliable tire at a more reasonable price

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Well I was running the even more expensive H G114 tires. Running on the Western end of the Ohio Turnpike at 65 MPH, all four tires were running closely for both pressure and temp when a shotgun went off and pieces to tire were flying.
Totally threw the tread right down to the steel cord. Tire was 4 1/2 years old and was planning on replacing all during our Winter Down Time in FLA.
Morale of the story, even the best tires can self destruct.

What was the date code? Did you turn it in to GY?

I had one loose some tread and they replaced it. It did not blow. They did have a run in early 15 that had tread separation issues, mine was 0415.

Replaced and back on the road the next day a Monday.

[image]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Date code was 4914 and did send the tire to GY and they sent a check for the value of a replacement.
We ended up replacing all tires and rims, since we had several OEM rims that developed pin hole leaks, so we lost faith in those wheels.
Got a great deal on 5 Sailuns mounted and balanced on new wheels. Sailun and new rim were less than a G114 alone.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Date code was 4914 and did send the tire to GY and they sent a check for the value of a replacement.
We ended up replacing all tires and rims, since we had several OEM rims that developed pin hole leaks, so we lost faith in those wheels.
Got a great deal on 5 Sailuns mounted and balanced on new wheels. Sailun and new rim were less than a G114 alone.

Good choice you won’t regret it .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Load Range G Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.