cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holding tank monitor panel replacement

calstar
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1996 Lance 3000, needs a new holding tank monitor panel. The stock panel is a KIB pcbk4, is there a direct replacement? I've googled this but haven't found any direct replacement information, but I did find that KIB does not make publicits wiring diagrams or much if any information on its products. I will contact KIB but asking for input here first.

thanks, Brian
5 REPLIES 5

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
RV Tank Sensors Not Working?

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the time, when it might appear that the "panel" is not working anymore, that is NOT because of the panel itself but because the sensors in the tanks have gone bad.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The KIB panels are all mostly pretty similar electrically and not too complex or hard to reverse engineer. I suspect most any of them that have similar features could serve as a replacement for yours, though it may take a tiny bit of work to connect the wires to the right terminals.

(The circuit, for the little three/four/five light units, basically consists of a quad comparator that compares the input voltage signal against a series of voltages derived from a resistor chain. If there are switches for other things such as the water heater or pump, they are entirely independent electrically.)

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Google,
seelevel rv tank monitor.
This is a whole new monitor system that is rather easy to install and to me is better than what comes on new in new rv's.

Dusty

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Google,
seelevel rv tank monitor.
This is a whole new monitor system that is rather easy to install and to me is better than what comes on new in new rv's.

Dusty