cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoodYear G114 LHT

I was looking for something for my buddy and stumbled onto this - GoodYear G114

$292.00 each and free shipping for the G114 - 215/75R17.5 thats pretty darn good if anyone is looking now or soon will be . .

On edit.. the Sailun price is Sailun

$201.99

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
13 REPLIES 13

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
My personal experience, my Dad's personal experience, another full timer he wore his so long he actually re-grooved his by hand, he had zero issues. I watched him do it. They went by "Dutch and Di". I have belonged to many RV Forums that back up my claims.

Speaking of NuWa my Dad owned a 94 34' Premeir with OE GY's. I am guessing second or third set he had a couple blow outs. He contacted them with pics, he said what it would cost to do the repairs they send him a check and new tires each time no question asked. The set he bought after 07 went thousands and the set after that until he sold the Premier about 3 years ago. Many trips around the US.

Like usual the Marathon has to be mentioned instead of posting recent tire issues that are NON road hazard based on subject at hand.

I have mentioned this before, I have used US Made GY "E" "G" and "H" tires with many thousands of miles since the early 90's with one issue. Current DRV GY "H" tire had a tread separation. I had just checked the tires getting fuel and 15 minutes later I saw something looking like a rubber bungee coming off the side in my mirror, stopped but didn't see anything. 50 miles later in camp I saw the missing tread. This was a Sunday, next morning I called Daniels Tire in Bakersfield. They got me in right away replaced the tire and I was on my way. Tire did not blow.

OH I also run HEAVY on all my RV's! I also stay in the Sun.

That’s just a wonderful story . It’s unfortunate that many have just the opposite story with failures and extensive damage created with those Goodyear’s .

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My personal experience, my Dad's personal experience, another full timer he wore his so long he actually re-grooved his by hand, he had zero issues. I watched him do it. They went by "Dutch and Di". I have belonged to many RV Forums that back up my claims.

Speaking of NuWa my Dad owned a 94 34' Premeir with OE GY's. I am guessing second or third set he had a couple blow outs. He contacted them with pics, he said what it would cost to do the repairs they send him a check and new tires each time no question asked. The set he bought after 07 went thousands and the set after that until he sold the Premier about 3 years ago. Many trips around the US.

Like usual the Marathon has to be mentioned instead of posting recent tire issues that are NON road hazard based on subject at hand.

I have mentioned this before, I have used US Made GY "E" "G" and "H" tires with many thousands of miles since the early 90's with one issue. Current DRV GY "H" tire had a tread separation. I had just checked the tires getting fuel and 15 minutes later I saw something looking like a rubber bungee coming off the side in my mirror, stopped but didn't see anything. 50 miles later in camp I saw the missing tread. This was a Sunday, next morning I called Daniels Tire in Bakersfield. They got me in right away replaced the tire and I was on my way. Tire did not blow.

OH I also run HEAVY on all my RV's! I also stay in the Sun.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone can put a brand out there. Double Coin, a popular long haul tire is $171.97.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Come on guys, same old arguments! :R. Gets very tiring having to read the same thing over and over again. Yes, I DO have to read everything. Wish I could just skip over some of these posts. :W
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
After the Marathon scam I refuse to buy GY

That makes about as much sense as saying never buying a Ford after the 6.0 and 6.4. :B

Not necessarily; I went through it. Like the old saying burn me once, shame on you; burn me twice, shame on me! 😉
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Lets turn this around and see where your facts about a great track record come from....that what I thought... their just your own.
As I've always preached if anyone wants to know how a tires service record is doing "now and in the past" look around the net at the many trailering forums (rv and non rv). That way we get actual experiences from actual users...not just kool aid from one or two posters that promote one brand only for trailers.
I promote different brands/types of tires for trailers depending on load ranges/sizes based on what I see on rv and non rv trailer forums... not just what I've used on my trailers.

Lots of Marathon users swear by them and run thousands of miles on them and claim zero issues.....but the net with all the different trailering websites shows us a different story.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let's all state reality and not make this confusing. YES the GY "G" did have issues with build dates right around 2007. Since they have a great track record. If anyone disagrees please post facts to backup your opinion not just say over on the XYZ Forum. Non Road Hazard claims!

But if y'all insist on promoting a Chinese Made tire that's fine with me. I won't bad mouth it so please state the reality when talking about the GY "G" tires record.

My 2007.5 Mobile suites had mid 07 build date on it's GY "G" tires and were ran thousands of miles at their upper limits with ZERO issues.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
One might be better educated on the G114 story or current history by checking out forums like NUWA or other website for heavier rv trailers/haulers websites. These tires like the G614 has a very checkered past.

Now let’s not start confusing these folks with the facts, and the G614 ‘s continue their checkered past. It’s another reason to go Sailun .

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced mine on my 5er with HERCULES 14 ply all steel tires. A Copper Product. about $185.00 per tire. After research looks like a great tire. Time will tell
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
One might be better educated on the G114 story or current history by checking out forums like NUWA or other website for heavier rv trailers/haulers websites. These tires like the G614 has a very checkered past.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
agesilaus wrote:

That makes about as much sense as saying never buying a Ford after the 6.0 and 6.4. :B

agesilaus wrote:

They are not even in the same ballpark as the marathon.... but I understand where you are coming from.. Once scorned, its hard to go back....

This is just a post for anyone looking to purchase those in the near future... there are a lot of folks who want to upgrade to them, but the price always seams to get in the way.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper