Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: GoodYear G114 LHT
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> GoodYear G114 LHT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Come on guys, same old arguments! [emoticon]. Gets very tiring having to read the same thing over and over again. Yes, I DO have to read everything. Wish I could just skip over some of these posts. [emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

CALandLIN

SC

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone can put a brand out there. Double Coin, a popular long haul tire is $171.97.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My personal experience, my Dad's personal experience, another full timer he wore his so long he actually re-grooved his by hand, he had zero issues. I watched him do it. They went by "Dutch and Di". I have belonged to many RV Forums that back up my claims.

Speaking of NuWa my Dad owned a 94 34' Premeir with OE GY's. I am guessing second or third set he had a couple blow outs. He contacted them with pics, he said what it would cost to do the repairs they send him a check and new tires each time no question asked. The set he bought after 07 went thousands and the set after that until he sold the Premier about 3 years ago. Many trips around the US.

Like usual the Marathon has to be mentioned instead of posting recent tire issues that are NON road hazard based on subject at hand.

I have mentioned this before, I have used US Made GY "E" "G" and "H" tires with many thousands of miles since the early 90's with one issue. Current DRV GY "H" tire had a tread separation. I had just checked the tires getting fuel and 15 minutes later I saw something looking like a rubber bungee coming off the side in my mirror, stopped but didn't see anything. 50 miles later in camp I saw the missing tread. This was a Sunday, next morning I called Daniels Tire in Bakersfield. They got me in right away replaced the tire and I was on my way. Tire did not blow.

OH I also run HEAVY on all my RV's! I also stay in the Sun.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My personal experience, my Dad's personal experience, another full timer he wore his so long he actually re-grooved his by hand, he had zero issues. I watched him do it. They went by "Dutch and Di". I have belonged to many RV Forums that back up my claims.

Speaking of NuWa my Dad owned a 94 34' Premeir with OE GY's. I am guessing second or third set he had a couple blow outs. He contacted them with pics, he said what it would cost to do the repairs they send him a check and new tires each time no question asked. The set he bought after 07 went thousands and the set after that until he sold the Premier about 3 years ago. Many trips around the US.

Like usual the Marathon has to be mentioned instead of posting recent tire issues that are NON road hazard based on subject at hand.

I have mentioned this before, I have used US Made GY "E" "G" and "H" tires with many thousands of miles since the early 90's with one issue. Current DRV GY "H" tire had a tread separation. I had just checked the tires getting fuel and 15 minutes later I saw something looking like a rubber bungee coming off the side in my mirror, stopped but didn't see anything. 50 miles later in camp I saw the missing tread. This was a Sunday, next morning I called Daniels Tire in Bakersfield. They got me in right away replaced the tire and I was on my way. Tire did not blow.

OH I also run HEAVY on all my RV's! I also stay in the Sun.

That’s just a wonderful story . It’s unfortunate that many have just the opposite story with failures and extensive damage created with those Goodyear’s .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> GoodYear G114 LHT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.