cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where can a friend go to find a good used Travel Trailer?

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
I have another coworker that is looking for acquiring a used Travel Trailer for use in her summer Ranger duties in a National Park. Simple trailer as she is not looking for anything fancy, just in good shape. Any help would be appreciated, Private Message or otherwise is fine too.

Thanks

bryan
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr
9 REPLIES 9

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share the locations that might be available for finding/locating a travel trailer for a summer seasonal.

Being a fulltimer for almost 12 years I am good on checking out a RV for purchas. Which is the same advice I share during my winter programs I have at RV Shows throughout the west. Which is sage advice for anyone thinking of purchasing a RV. Thanks for that reminder.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
My advice would be to go to a Dlr. Most Dlr. will check out a Unit and put a limited warranty on it. Also, they will not keep it on their lot to sell if it's got problems. Than offer them 25-30% off the asking price.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consignment lots allow you to see a lot of used rigs in one place.
I was surprised to find a good quality Rockwood on an Outdoors RV dealer Lot.
It saved me a trip to the Northwest to find a good used trailer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craigslist and RV Trader, as mentioned, are the top two places to start. Have CASH ready, for the best deals.I paid $3,500 (on CL) for my 26' 5th wheel, with a super-slide. 2000 Sunnybrook...Aluminum framed, aluminum sidewalls. I did have to replace the a ancient battery and tires ($450.00 total), but it is GREAT condition. Kept indoors 350 days out of the year its entire life before I bought it.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Craigslist
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
THere is no one place a person can go to get a good used TT. No matter who you buy from, you have to do your own do diligence and even then, you're taking a chance.
It might cost more but if you go to a long term dealer with good reviews you probably have the best chances.
Private sales, no matter how cute and cuddly they seem to be, can be a real gamble.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
bka0721 wrote:
I have another coworker that is looking for acquiring a used Travel Trailer for use in her summer Ranger duties in a National Park. Simple trailer as she is not looking for anything fancy, just in good shape. Any help would be appreciated, Private Message or otherwise is fine too.

Thanks

bryan

What is her budget? Find a reputable RV repair shop before you buy. When you find a used trailer, take it to the RV shop and have them do a complete inspection, especially all systems, electrical, water, heating, cooling, sewer, tires, springs. If there are any problems, ask what it would cost to fix everything. This will help you figure out if the trailer is a good investment for your budget. It will probably cost you $200 for the inspection but it could save you money and frustrations later.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest issue for your friend is knowing how to inspect a used trailers so she does not end up with a piece of junk with hidden water damage, etc. She may want to obtain assistance with this. Having said that, there's hundreds and hundreds of good used rigs out there.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Have her check dealers near where she lives.
or RVTrader.com
or Craisglist.com

Newspaper classified ads
Facebook Marketplace.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator