cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cold smoking on the road

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does any one cold smoke while on the road? Cold smoking is not curing food, just adding smoke flavor to things like cheese, butter, mushrooms, shrimp and much more without using heat.
I'm thinking of taking one of my cold smoking kits with us, but unsure of which one to use.
I have two types โ€“ the A-Maz-N tube with pellets or the soup can with a soldering iron and wood chips.
The tube smoker requires a propane torch to get it going, where the soldering iron requires electricity.
I think the soldering iron method with Alder chips gives a smoother taste as compared to the tube & pellet giving a more bitter, almost metallic taste.
It only take a hour & a half to two and is fun to play with. Fritos, peanuts/nuts, martini's, bourbon. Most anything you want to add some unique flavor to.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
1 REPLY 1

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Kitchen butane mini torch also works great for lighting the Amazen fuel. Personally, I turn all my pellets into sawdust, which BTW is very easy.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk