cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer/Dryer + bunk beds + 2 AC's... does it exist?

kukkabunny
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new RV sometime this year and in my dreams the perfect RV would be a class C with

a queen/king bed (for me)
Washer/Dryer connections (I have a dirty job and wash clothes often)
a bunkbed (for litter box/animal area)
and 2 AC's (to keep cool for the furred members of the family)

I have been looking around my local dealerships, hit up a couple of shows and searched online but the closest I can find is the Thor ACE, which though small, is still a class A. I really want the safety features of a class C (air bags!) and the convenience of having the RV repaired by basically any mechanic.

Any RV suggestions or general suggestions are welcome.
9 REPLIES 9

kukkabunny
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, all of your comments (plus some nudging from my wife) have made me more open to a class A. I really think the ACE may be our best option.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doesnโ€™t exist as far as I know and Iโ€™ve looked.

Leprechaun 311FS is the only C I know with a washer combo.

80โ€ queen no king. Lousy tv location.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Opps
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
kukkabunny wrote:
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new RV sometime this year and in my dreams the perfect RV would be a class C with

a queen/king bed (for me)
Washer/Dryer connections (I have a dirty job and wash clothes often)
a bunkbed (for litter box/animal area)
and 2 AC's (to keep cool for the furred members of the family)

I have been looking around my local dealerships, hit up a couple of shows and searched online but the closest I can find is the Thor ACE, which though small, is still a class A. I really want the safety features of a class C (air bags!) and the convenience of having the RV repaired by basically any mechanic.

Any RV suggestions or general suggestions are welcome.

Unless they changed something in the past year, the ACE is a 30 Amp coach a and so only one AC. Also, never seen one with a washer and dryer.

On edit - looks like I was wrong. Poked around and sure enough the ACE now makes a 50amp version.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
You might not want to spend this much, but Newmar's new Super C's have such a floorplan. I saw it on their site yesterday.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
the convenience of having the RV repaired by basically any mechanic

The mechanic usually has to be willing to work outside because the average garage will not fit a class C inside the bay.

If the rv has hydraulic jacks the mechanic can use the jacks to lift it off the ground.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago/Itasca have held up very well for me. They use a fiberglass roof.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, bsinmich.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
If you are concerned with safety a school bus is probably the safest vehicle on the road. Each window has a steel frame that goes around the whole coach from the main frame on one side to the other side. They can roll over and still not crush. (50 years as a school bus driver) A class A is much easier to get all of the things you want. I have been RVing since 1969 and there are very few accidents involving RVs with injuries. I have had from my current Roadtrek to Mountain Aire, TT, and popups. Class A, B, and C. From my experience the Class C has the highest maintenance requirments of any with the constant work on the roofs. That cabover section bouncing unsupported gives great opportunity for leaks. Two Cs convinced me to be very cautious on them again.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford