cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JC Refrigeration Compressor Unit Long Term?

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

My father is looking at the JC Refrigeration compressor retrofit for his Norcold that hasn't been working too well. I've found lot's of reviews where folks have made the conversion and are happy with it, however, I haven't seen any comments after a year or so to see if they're still happy....

Soooo, would any of you that have made the conversion to the compressor care to comment on your long term satisfaction?

Thanks in advance!
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E
2 REPLIES 2

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Good question, I've been considering one of these since I got our TT. There's a couple on Youtube that indicated the only minor issue they had is tons of ice forming on the coils. Easily cured by adding internal fans.

If the cooling unit in my nocold does so much as look at me wrong, it's coming out and a JC 12V unit is going in.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your father is usually plugged in or has adequate batteries with solar or a generator?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad