cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar Panel 12V Design and Safety Considerations

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Found this forum a while back. Lots of good information if one is willing to do some ciphering.

Here is a link that is kind of introductory and gives some general info. Enjoy.

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/off-grid-solar/12v-solar-for-rv-or-camping-etc/21436-12-volt-design-and-safety-considerations
2 REPLIES 2

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, I just read that link and he has a lot of info............not all correct.....Anyone can get a decent hydraulic press for 4ga and up conductor for less than $50.00. I also don't think he is correct about using a 1000w inverter max....though I'm not really into inverters as I go camping to get away from everything 120/240v. The author was on a different thought path than I think most of us are. I want to know about batteries, panels, fusing, shunts, monitors, and conductor size, though he did touch on conductor and he told us we are capable of working with any thing larger than #6......OK it's official, I don't like him!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Poorly written. Content discourages newbies from solar. My system isnโ€™t โ€œlow power.โ€ It handles everything except A/C.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad