cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Smaller" Rear Entertainment Floorplan w/ 2 Slides

tmckenna
Explorer
Explorer
Well it took a lot of time and research to find something that I reall really liked, but I finally discovered some slightly older rear entertainment floor plan campers with 2 opposing slides. I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for travel trailers with similar specs and layouts. These are the 2 models I found that most appropriately accommodate my desires. The Tracer 2700RES is a bit shorter, a bit lighter, and also includes part of the kitchen in the slideout, so I'm leaning toward that option right now, I just want to see what else is out there.

1) 2012/13 Prime Time Tracer 2700RES

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2013-prime-time-tracer-travel-trailer-floorplan-2700-res-tr15535

2) 2014 Cruiser Fun Finder 267RES

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2014-cruiser-rv-fun-finder-travel-trailer-floorplan-f-267res-tr18524?fbclid=IwAR2slv5JsVhwgKHXfXeYNvTuPj2l_nrUWKolve7h7EiUOD_FSUgTHWbHjWY

Requirements:
-As close to 30' Overall length as possible, so 26-27' "Box Size" (No 30 or 32' Box Sizes)
-Lowest possible dry weight, probably around 6000lbs or so
-Center Entrance, rather than 2 at each end.
-Opposing slideouts, preferably including part of the kitchen.
-Mega/Grand Dinette would be ideal

May edit the list to add things in the near future. Again, I'd just like to see what else is out there/
4 REPLIES 4

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm wondering why you prefer the center entrance rather than doors on either end of the RV. I much prefer the two door models primarily because that arrangement gives you an exit from the bedroom in case of fire. I really cannot see someone bailing out through a window, even if the window is large. A second exit/entrance is also very handy for loading the rig for a trip.

Our trailers have always had two doors and we have found they do not interfere with the floorplan at all. The rigs have had rear bedrooms in each case. Our present rig has a front kitchen with the door just about in the middle of the trailer. The bedroom in the rear also has its' own door. If you have a front bedroom then a rear door would give you an easy exit from the entertainment area. I'm not familiar with any manufacturer that makes that arrangement however.

Just something to consider as you look for your new RV. Good hunting! 🙂
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ldshaf
Explorer
Explorer
the model of APEX ULTRA-LITE you might want to look at is 293RLDS

ldshaf
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at APEX ULTRA-LITE,you just described it.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like our Outback 252urs.
Huge rear entertainment.