cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fitting on water tank

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
I need to remove the water tank on my 2008 Itasca. All set to go but the plastic fill pipe will not pull out after removing the nut. The pipe turns but will not pull out of its fitting. I don't want to break anything and create a bigger problem.

Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Michaelbrimley
Explorer
Explorer
Solar monitor goes off but we donโ€™t have solar panels

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Rick,

Ditto: "no way we would've been able to enjoy the RV lifestyle the way we have if we had to rely on dealers and paid mechanics."

2 items possibly of interest:

Battery-powered leak detectors cost as little as $30 and may be worthwhile if a system's leak could cause problems that are expensive to repair (even in a house or condo)

The Shurflo (pump) tech people were very helpful in determining the new replacement pump. Cost $57 on ebay

John

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi spotrot,

Good to hear you were able to resolve your problem. And you're right about finding the problem AND being able to do the work yourself. There is no way we would've been able to enjoy the RV lifestyle the way we have if we had to rely on dealers and paid mechanics. So far, we've been able to do everything ourselves on our Class A.

Thanks for the follow-up post too! It's always good to read about the resolution to problems so future readers of the forums with a similar problem can gain knowledge from your solution.

Safe travels!

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
I used a hair dryer to heat the plastic pipe for a couple minutes and it came out.

It was good that I removed the water tank, the clear plastic covering, the carpet and the foam pad because the plywood underneath was soaked.

I haven't decided if I will reinstall the carpet under the tank, It may be better to let the plywood continue to dry. I will install a plastic tray under the water pump however to catch any drips if it leaks again. Lucky I discovered the leaky pump in time and did the work myself. It would have been very pricey to do all this at a RV dealer.

Thanks for the comment.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no idea if they'll help or not, but have you looked at the 2008 Plumbing Diagrams for Winnebago/Itasca?

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.