cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NC State fairgrounds campground

eecheek
Explorer
Explorer
NC State fairgrounds campground. Looking to read your experience of the campground and area. What are your pluses and minuses of your experience. I am thinking of staying there for the Fourth of July weekend. Thanks in advance.
2004.5 Ram 2500 CTD
2015 Keystone Cougar 26 RLS
3 REPLIES 3

eecheek
Explorer
Explorer
huachuca wrote:
We've stayed there a few times when we needed to be in the Raleigh/Durham area. Its convenient, secure, well lit, reasonably priced and easy to get into and out off but its just a place to stay and nothing more. Basically, a large gravel lot with no vegetation; sites are reasonably large and they have full time on-site security. I'd prefer to stay at one of the nearby state parks or state lakes but the gates on these are locked at night (hours vary seasonably) which is a no go if we're there because of family medical issues.

I don't know how crowded it might get on a holiday weekend but we've never seen it more than a 10-15% full. Any event at the nearby equesterian center or fairgrounds might impact occupancy.

Thanks for your input !
2004.5 Ram 2500 CTD
2015 Keystone Cougar 26 RLS

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed there a few times when we needed to be in the Raleigh/Durham area. Its convenient, secure, well lit, reasonably priced and easy to get into and out off but its just a place to stay and nothing more. Basically, a large gravel lot with no vegetation; sites are reasonably large and they have full time on-site security. I'd prefer to stay at one of the nearby state parks or state lakes but the gates on these are locked at night (hours vary seasonably) which is a no go if we're there because of family medical issues.

I don't know how crowded it might get on a holiday weekend but we've never seen it more than a 10-15% full. Any event at the nearby equesterian center or fairgrounds might impact occupancy.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
They don't take reservations. First come etc.
Puma 30RKSS