cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas, 26-27 foot, no slide Class A...any ideas

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Want to switch from 25 foot class c to an A but not too much bigger...we boondock most of the time and need ground clearance and shorter. I cook all our meals so decent sized refrigerator along with oven would be nice.

Any insights...have done some searches.

Any insights on winnebago brave retro? Looking for used 2015 or newer.
Donna
7 REPLIES 7

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
If you need ground clearance you also want to minimize the rear overhang. Unfortunately, most short class A's have the 158" wheelbase usually giving a poor wheelbase/length ratio and longer than necessary overhang. I've never had one but in addition to the overhang problem some report poor highway handling.

As some above mentioned, one exception with a great W/L ratio is the Thor Vegas/Axis line but you would want to stick with the E-450 models, not the E-350. It has less ground clearance than an F53 class A as it is just a class A built on an E series stripped chassis. You could, I suppose, get a company like www.ujointoffroad.com to do a 4x4 conversion and lift since it is an E series. Not sure how the Thor house would hold up off road.

If you are looking used, don't be misled by the one in my signature. The specs say it is 27'7" but it is 29'7". It still has a great wheelbase 208" for a shorty.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

blawless
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can find them in a class A. 2019-2020 Coachmen Pursuit 27 - 30 ft long with no slides. Do a Google search and you'll find them, even on YouTube. Or go to http://coachmenrv.com
Retired and enjoying it!

2005 Coachmen Aurora 3380 MBS Class A F53 V10 Banks Power System.
2014 Jeep Compass Toad
2001 Fleetwood Prowler 255B 5th wheel
2003 F150 King Ranch Supercrew 4X4

davelinde
Explorer
Explorer
why no slide?
There are some nice short floorplans but all have slides (which in my opinion makes them more desirable, not less...)
Dave Lindemulder
Tammy, Mark & Kirsten
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 SLT QC/SB HO-CTD/48RE
01 Volvo VNL660 singled VED12
09 Heartland Cyclone 3210

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Axis?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the Vista or Intent?
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Well I found two....
Winnebago brave retro 26A - rather liked this but the one below LOOKed better exterior
Fleetwood Flair 26D - not enough beds

So will keep looking.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
What your looking for doesn't exist in a 2015 or newer class A. Suggest you look for something 2000 or older.