Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Windsheld Wipers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Windsheld Wipers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Motorcraft from the dealer. Not much price difference and I know they fit.

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to run the Costco wipers when they were the beam type, but when they switched to the "hybrid" which just appears to me to be a regular wiper with a solid cover over it to make it look like a beam type. I bought one set and used them about a month before getting rid of them.

The last ones I got were the Rain-X Latitude 2 n 1 (they were on sale) and have been very happy with them. No streaking, chatter, or lifting at higher speeds. Supposedly, they transfer Rain-X coating from the blades to the windshield. These are on my wife's van that is new to us and I haven't coated the windshield before. I do notice the water beading up as if it has been coated so I guess it works to a degree.

Have had them about 4 months so still a little early for a final thumbs up, but so far so good.

RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IdaD wrote:

Whatever Costco has when they go on sale. Maybe Goodyear? I can't remember exactly.

X2 Currently they have a Michelin model that works well for me.

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rain-X washer fluid and whatever blade you want to buy. With the rain-x washer fluid you can run down the highway in a heavy rain without any wipers running.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

FUSIONALB

Home

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Freightliner uses Alliance parts are those are pretty good

fx2tom

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since I live in California and rarely experience rain...whatever the cheapest are.

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Rain-X washer fluid and whatever blade you want to buy. With the rain-x washer fluid you can run down the highway in a heavy rain without any wipers running.

Now that would be interesting. I have used just rain x and it is great but never knew they had a fluid wash

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

Now that would be interesting. I have used just rain x and it is great but never knew they had a fluid wash
I've heard reports of the RainX washer fluid clogging the nozzles on the hood. Reverting back to regular fluid usually clears it. I use the old fashioned RainX product that requires elbow grease during the application. After that, it doesn't matter what wipers are on the vehicle. I rarely have to turn them on when on the interstate regardless of sprinkle or downpour.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Rain-X wipers coat the windshield nicely when they are new and you get nice beads of water but it wears off pretty quickly and they are just normal wipers.... still good but the early stages are the best for sure.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

I use the old fashioned RainX product that requires elbow grease during the application. After that, it doesn't matter what wipers are on the vehicle. I rarely have to turn them on when on the interstate regardless of sprinkle or downpour.

Ditto.

Been doing the RainX treatment since the late 80s. A bottle typically last 3 years or longer.

Bob

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Windsheld Wipers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.