Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Myrtle Beach - Ocean Lakes, Pirateland or Lakewood
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Myrtle Beach - Ocean Lakes, Pirateland or Lakewood

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just another thought. See you are from Wisconsin. Be prepared for campgrounds where the sites are close, sometimes absurdly close together. The 'big 3' in MB are all tight. Some in Ocean Lakes are so close your neightbor's sewer connection could be under your awning! The 2 state parks have more space, but many sites are not sewered and none have access to cable tv or internet (as the 'big 3' do). Satellite TV is often not workable as well - particularly in MB state park. No pools at state parks either and neither have direct access to the ocean from the camping areas. All depends on what amenities matter the most to your family. We have camped in all the campgrounds in the area. If you would like to message me I might be able to answer questions you may have.

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/20 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all - I appreciate the insights. We settled on Lakewood. We want to be at the beach, but also want the amenities and activities for the kids. This is a 'fun' trip, not as much a 'relaxing' one, so we are ok with the energy and activity of the campground. Seemed like Lakewood was likely the best balance all around.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

Thanks all - I appreciate the insights. We settled on Lakewood. We want to be at the beach, but also want the amenities and activities for the kids. This is a 'fun' trip, not as much a 'relaxing' one, so we are ok with the energy and activity of the campground. Seemed like Lakewood was likely the best balance all around.

I think you made a good choice. OL is next door, so you can mosey on over there one day and see them for yourself if youd like.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

I think you made a good choice. OL is next door, so you can mosey on over there one day and see them for yourself if youd like.

And PirayeLand is on the other side. But you have to walk thru the Swash to get to it. not quite waist deep at high tide, and knee deep at low tide. depending of course on how tall you are.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would vote for Huntington Beach State Park. Short walk to the beach,nice nature lodge with nature walks, camp store and tour the former home of the Huntingtons. Some FHU sites, the rest W&E.It is much,much cheaper than the others.Just down the road from Murrel's Inlet.

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I say defiantly no to Piratelane.

We love Lakewood. It is about 75% campsites 25% permanent villas condos. You cannot bring your own golf cart to Lakewood, unless you store your camper there of have a permanent site, which means there are WAY less golf carts. You can rent a golf cart, and the kids can enjoy the golf cart cruises still.

Ocean Lakes is very nice, but it is WAY to crowded for us in the summer, and you cannot move for the golf carts! We have a golf cart, but would rather rent one at Lakewood than deal with the interstate traffic of Golf Carts from Ocean Lakes

Lakewood sites are a little more roomier and you have more shade option than OL.

With that being said, we will stay at OL during the off season, but not prime time.

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Myrtle Beach - Ocean Lakes, Pirateland or Lakewood
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.