Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: The RV Life
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> The RV Life

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck in this new chapter of your life.
In my case and age, I'd be tempted to go full time, bouncing around some to my kids' and other family places.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited
2019 F150 SCrew STX SB 5.0 factory tow package

Tmeek

Jackson, MS

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all so much for the kind sentiments. Given the options of crawling under a rock or getting on with life, well, you can see the choice I made.

Lakeside, I can already tell you two things about camping before and after. A whole lot less stress. First, the Rockwood tows very easily. I know it's there if the road is uneven, but otherwise, it's a dream compared to the old 30'. Second, I am a fixer/pleaser, so I was always seeing to the comfort and happiness of others. Now it's just me (the dog doesn't fuss much... lol).

2019 Nissan Frontier 2WD 4.0L V6, 2019 Rockwood A-122 A-Frame folder. 1 man, 1 dog, 1 truck, 1 trailer and God leading the way

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back... and glad you made the choice to get back into RVing.

I just finished a 13 month trip, solo with my cocker spaniel, from FL out to NW area and back to FL. Had the best year and loved every minute of the whole trip.

A lot different going by yourself with your furkid, but I never got lonely. Too much to see and do. Heading out May 1 again for about 7 months this time.

Good Luck, safe travels.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like your ready for the next chapter of your life. I wish you the best. I travel solo with a couple of Collies and their always ready for an adventure.

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish you a bunch of good times down the road.

My wife passed from cancer also many years ago. You have my condolences.

Solo with a dog is fun.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB Chevy 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome, sorry to hear abut your wife. Go have fun on your new adventure. You may find a few things have changed but, most are the same. The people on here will be happy to help if needed.

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/20 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tmeek wrote:

Thank you all so much for the kind sentiments. Given the options of crawling under a rock or getting on with life, well, you can see the choice I made.

Lakeside, I can already tell you two things about camping before and after. A whole lot less stress. First, the Rockwood tows very easily. I know it's there if the road is uneven, but otherwise, it's a dream compared to the old 30'. Second, I am a fixer/pleaser, so I was always seeing to the comfort and happiness of others. Now it's just me (the dog doesn't fuss much... lol).

Tmeek....give some thought to putting out a small sign at your campsite that reads something like this:
'Got something broken, I fix things AND I aim to please'.

You never know who might really need your talents, and you might even get pleasure in your heart in return to help with the sadness that abounds there.

Plus the pup may enjoy the change of pace in your step that comes from helping others.

Just a thought. We care.

lakeside

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> The RV Life
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.