cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Winnebago Spirit 31k Wrench Light Warning

hanzy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I have done a search but cannot find anything in the forum. I have a 2020 Spirit 31k with a 2019 Ford E450 6.8l V10. It only has 1600 miles on it, of which I have only put 200 miles on. On the way back from our second trip the wrench warning light came on intermittently. No other issues, engine still ran fine. We got home and unloaded and when I was taking up to storage the engine light came on. Now before our trip we did put in about a 1/4 tank of regular unleaded fuel. I have done some online research but all info coming back is for older vehicles and no recent info. The owners manual states check service manual, which I do not have.

I was wondering if I should just disconnect the negative on the batter to reset the system, put premium gas in the tank and see if that solves the problem. There is only one dealer about 20 miles from me that will service the Ford Engine under warranty, so I am wondering if a simple fix can save me the hassle of having to bring it to them.

Thank you for any input!
7 REPLIES 7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
X12 or what ever we're up to. Get it to the dealer and let them fiddle with it.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Get the code(s).
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes go back to a truck Ford dealer who know trucks and have bays to fit them in.
They had some issues with throttle bodies and the gas pedal link or lack of .

BTW, you can buy a simple plug in $25 code reader from Walmart so you know what those lights mean and the codes they spit out. Those tools can also clear a code. Sometimes that's all I need to do.

scroll down to read about the gas pedal and throttle body connection by 'mustang'

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10/ford-v10-throttle-body-problems-5762.html

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
The Wrench light is less severe than the Engine light, but you should still take it in for diagnosis. The wrench light indicates a powertrain fault that is not causing an emissions code. Bad fuel could cause this, but so could a loose sensor connector somewhere, or a loose intake hose under the hood. Really it's best just to take it in. As long as the Engine light isn't flashing, it's safe to drive.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have an auto parts store nearby often they offer free code reading. Sometimes a engine warning light, or in your situation a

wrench symbol is triggered by a loose fuel cap. If it came on just after you fueled remove the cap and tighten accordingly.Adding

premium fuel will have no positive effect on your issue.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
X2
The only way to really know what is wrong, must read the codes. They will plug into the computer port by your steering wheel and see what the code is. If you really didn’t want to go to the dealer many auto parts stores will plug in the tester and read the codes for you.. But since it is under warranty I would definitely take it to Ford. There may even be some active recalls in effect.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
New model? Under warranty? No question, take it back to dealership asap and have fixed. If you clear the codes they will not be able to tell what the issue is.
2010 Suncruiser