cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any problems with Goodyear Endurance tires?

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
After hearing the Goodyear tire problems on motor homes, I was wondering if anyone who is/has used Goodyear Endurance tires on their travel trailer had any issues with these tires?
45 REPLIES 45

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't go out enough to justify LT tires on travel trailer, so we went with the Goodyear Endurance.. so far so good.

If I had more trips or higher mileage, I would step up to LTs, maybe even Michelin ribs I hear about..

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
We tried balancing beads three times on an rv bus, and the tires never balanced well. They don't work for me.

To tell the truth, I have no idea whether they work or not. But with all the problems and conditions mentioned here and elsewhere, I figured it would be better than nothing. Reviews I read online seemed promising, so, why not?
With the previous Maxxisโ€™, no balancing and nothing really moved around in the camper.
New Endurances and nothing moves around, either.
I dunno. Guess I could jack up the wheels, rig up a drill to spin โ€˜em, and see....
Naw, that ainโ€™t gonna happen.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
We tried balancing beads three times on an rv bus, and the tires never balanced well. They don't work for me.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
All of the above is why I use balancing beads.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Then on top of all those points above is trailer hubs are not balanced anywayz. As was mentioned adding weights may or may not work the best.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of RV trailers come from the factory with tandem axles and leaf springs. A lot of manufactures, Winnebago for example, use very cheap nylon bushings on the spring ends, 7 per side. If the tires are not balanced the bushings wear out faster than if the tires are balanced. Not trying to start out a balance vs non-balance war, just laying out the facts. Here is a photo of the bushings that I changed out at 15,000 miles on my first RV trailer, non-balanced tires. I always keep my RV tires balanced now.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Griz14 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback. It looks like the Goodyear Endurance is performing well so far. So I going to put them on the my travel trailer.

Be sure the tire shop balances them.
If you balance them.... Be sure you have them use a lug plate. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money.

Lug plate or not IMO balancing trailer tires is a waste of $$$ in general. ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, it's your $$$ so do with it what you want :B

Unless you use shims in the wheel hub pilot to center the wheel on the axle before tightening the lug nuts, you will never center that wheel on the axle with any consistency. The first two or three lug nuts you mate to the conical wheel seats will shift that wheel off axis if you don't use shims which is a HUGH and TEDIOUS procedure and having balancing wts already on the wheel can potentially make the wheel even more UNBALANCED on the axle than if the wheel had not been balanced on a machine using a lug plate.

Larry

That is not the problem.
The problem is that the so called pilot center hole is not necessairily perfectley centered on most trailer wheels. They are just stamped out. They are not meant to be centered on the hub by the pilot hole. They are called Lug centric, for a reason. The lugs center them. Now a lot of autos use hub centric rims. Those can be balanced using the center hole when balancing.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Griz14 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback. It looks like the Goodyear Endurance is performing well so far. So I going to put them on the my travel trailer.

If you balance them.... Be sure you have them use a lug plate. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money.

Lug plate or not IMO balancing trailer tires is a waste of $$$ in general. ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, it's your $$$ so do with it what you want :B

Unless you use shims in the wheel hub pilot to center the wheel on the axle before tightening the lug nuts, you will never center that wheel on the axle with any consistency. The first two or three lug nuts you mate to the conical wheel seats will shift that wheel off axis if you don't use shims which is a HUGH and TEDIOUS procedure and having balancing wts already on the wheel can potentially make the wheel even more UNBALANCED on the axle than if the wheel had not been balanced on a machine using a lug plate.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Griz14 wrote:

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

babock
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
From my perspective, Maxxis Tires were good at first. It was my third set before they started having issues.

The same could happen to the GY's but they've been out for about 4 years and so far, so good. I hope my next set is as good.
I have had 3 sets of Maxxis. No problems at all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Griz14 wrote:

Bob

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
LOL

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The Endurance came out 3 years ago.
From Goodyear website; (paste and copy)

*** New Endurance features Durawall Technology
AKRON, Ohio, January 30, 2017 โ€“ For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence.***
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
From my perspective, Maxxis Tires were good at first. It was my third set before they started having issues.

The same could happen to the GY's but they've been out for about 4 years and so far, so good. I hope my next set is as good.