Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Vibe Travel Trailers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Vibe Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter and future son in law are now looking for their first Travel trailer. While at the AC RV show last weekend they ran across Forest River Vibe 26RK and really fell in love with it.

I have been out of the TT game for a while and rally have no feedback to give them on the quality of the Vibe....

Can anyone give me some feedback, good-bad towards that line... And what about the distance between those tires? There must be 18" between the 2 tires, WHY ? [emoticon]

Joe

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

And what about the distance between those tires? There must be 18" between the 2 tires, WHY ? [emoticon]

Joe

They can cut down on tongue weight, use a skinny frame and have better handling so that inadequate tow vehicles can be used.

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's Forest River, so quality is going to be hit or miss. Thorough inspection of the unit they decide to buy is vital.

The wide axle spacing also places more stress on the tires when turning, and makes it impossible to use a telescoping wheel chock like the BAL.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

It's Forest River, so quality is going to be hit or miss. Thorough inspection of the unit they decide to buy is vital.

The wide axle spacing also places more stress on the tires when turning, and makes it impossible to use a telescoping wheel chock like the BAL.

It will be ordered new if they decide, and I would be with them at delivery. I told them about the telescoping chocks already...

AND the first thing she will do is swap out the garbage tires with proper, dependable tires before it hits the road.. I mentioned to her my concern would be tire scrubbing while backing into spots, or hard turns...

My thoughts were the same about being hit or miss....

And Lynnmor, -

I see the point about inadequate tow vehicles being used.. makes sense, i guess

Lwiddis

Kern County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2, Lynnmor. Warren wants those checks to keep rolling in to Omaha.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

safeman

Sherman TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a new one last year. Only had a few trips but everything works well so far. The floor plan works very well for us.

The only issue we have had is the refrigerator cabinet. Our refrigerator is the 12 volt compressor model and it works better than any other fridge we have had but I had to modify the cabinet to hold it in place better. If they get a conventional RV refrigerator this won't apply.
Also, the oven is not a full-size RV oven. It only has about 4" of usable cooking height.

FWIW... I tow with a 2017 Ram 2500 6.4 gas and a Blue Ox Sway Pro.

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

It's Forest River, so quality is going to be hit or miss.

Sad to paint a company with 60 brands with such a wide brush. Do you really believe FR is the only company out there that is hit and miss? Your Coachmen is a FR product. [emoticon] I don't think there is any brand that you can actually count on getting quality.
They should be prepared to have problems with any trailer they buy.[emoticon]

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob213 wrote:

drsteve wrote:

It's Forest River, so quality is going to be hit or miss.

Sad to paint a company with 60 brands with such a wide brush. Do you really believe FR is the only company out there that is hit and miss? Your Coachmen is a FR product. [emoticon] I don't think there is any brand that you can actually count on getting quality.
They should be prepared to have problems with any trailer they buy.[emoticon]

What's sad is that my statement is accurate--they are ALL hit and miss, including the high end products like Lance and Airstream.

I'm well aware that FR builds Coachmen, and yes, mine had plenty of assembly snafus and cheap azz, corner cutting material choices and design decisions.

safeman

Sherman TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest River Vibe 26RK Pics
[image]
[image]
[image]

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Safeman,

We know what it looks like, thanks for the pics.

How has it performed for you ? how about fit and finish? lost of issues? Any lingering problems that can'r get resolved?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Vibe Travel Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.