Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Thinkg of an Arctic Fox 990 - discount % off new?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Thinkg of an Arctic Fox 990 - discount % off new?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FireGuard wrote:

That’s a good fight to have. Throw in the towel and go buy a new 990.

Just for kicks and giggles,I typed in 35K in an RV loan estimator and was totally shocked at the payment amount and especially,the total interest paid....Dang...Not in my budget...The interest was like 15K...

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/20 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thank you all for the responses. Can somebody answer my question as to how I find the actual msrp? Some of these dealers don't even list a for sale price. It just says "call for price." I don't even know what the msrp is, and the problem is that different campers have different options leading to a lot of confusion.

av8rds

Princeton, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

I thank you all for the responses. Can somebody answer my question as to how I find the actual msrp? Some of these dealers don't even list a for sale price. It just says "call for price." I don't even know what the msrp is, and the problem is that different campers have different options leading to a lot of confusion.

Dealers are pretty forthcoming with invoices. Just ask.

'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/20 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decided to contact Arctic Fox and am glad I did. They sent me the msrp and a build sheet with all the options and pricing, so I have all that I need.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/20 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might check Facebook for a Arctic Fox for sale group. If you can't find a "For Sale" group maybe the Arctic Fox facebook group.
I've seen both groups for Bigfoot.
I would say be prepared to drive. I went from Houston to Maryland for my Bigfoot. Be prepared for what you are willing to pay. Sellers should expect to haggle some over their listed price.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

GeoBoy

Bennington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/20 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

I decided to contact Arctic Fox and am glad I did. They sent me the msrp and a build sheet with all the options and pricing, so I have all that I need.

Don’t forget to add freight, which is not discountable.

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/20 12:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need help understanding where these private party sellers are getting their prices. When I search the Nada guides, the prices are significantly less than these people are asking, sometimes as much as $10,000. There's a used 2016 AF 1150 asking $29k, but NADA has the retail price of $20k - $24k. What am I missing?

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

I need help understanding where these private party sellers are getting their prices. When I search the Nada guides, the prices are significantly less than these people are asking, sometimes as much as $10,000. There's a used 2016 AF 1150 asking $29k, but NADA has the retail price of $20k - $24k. What am I missing?

What your seeing is normal.
You won't find all new units from dealers the same price nor used units all the same price for the same camper.

How much discount on any new unit depends on how much your willing to pay. You may have a MSRP invoice sheet from a mfg but each dealer has his own MSRP sheet (dealer invoice sheet).

* This post was edited 02/22/20 06:54am by JIMNLIN *

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Clarryhill

Midcoast Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/20 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

Private party sellers have the item, and can ask whatever they want for it. Doesn't mean they'll get it, but they can ask! Maybe they are upside down on what they may still owe on it, and the ask price gets them out whole. Hard to say, can be many reasons. But they will only get what the market will bear when all is said and done.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/20 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I was kind of wondering if NADA was a good place to research used prices given the vast discrepancies. I don't know of anywhere else to look. However, the dealers are closer to NADA than private parties. I guess I'll ask the sellers where they came up with their price.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Thinkg of an Arctic Fox 990 - discount % off new?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.