cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda State Park, FL and Verizon jet pack

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get a site for a couple of weeks next winter. I have the opportunity to work on the road. My employer will provide Verizon jet pack. Does anyone have experience using one in the keys? Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB
7 REPLIES 7

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
I am so glad to hear all of your positive feed back about the Verizon service.
I agree about the chance of getting a reservation! All I can do is try.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used it and had service everywhere we were including out in the forest in AL 14 miles from the nearest small town, 40 miles from any sizeable town. Cell phones did not work, but the jetpack always did. We have been a few places that was the case. Data service has it's own coverage map if you go to Verizons map and select that to check your locations.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
You won't have issues with the Jetpack at Bahia Honda..... now getting a reservation for a site there will be an issue !

Yep better chance of hitting the lottery - better have a back up plan
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah Bahia Honda is probably the one most difficult Florida park to get into. But none of the State Parks in the Keys is easy to get a reservation for. Last time we stayed at Bahai Honda we just stopped when driving by on the spur of the moment and they had a cancellation. There are plenty of parks on Marathon, we like Pirates Cove there and it's moderately prices in the off season for the Keys that is.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
You won't have issues with the Jetpack at Bahia Honda..... now getting a reservation for a site there will be an issue !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Key Largo and use our Verizon Jet pack perfectly.

For many years we did two week stays a Bahia Honda during the winter months and it worked for us there also, but since buying our lot in Key largo we haven't been there in five years. I assume it would still work there.

Guy

Up_DownDeCoast
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Bahia Honda early fall last year. Verizon coverage was available throughout the keys. Service at Bahia Honda was just fine. Never used a Verizon Jet Pack, but I believe it just a hotspot device using their 4G service. You should have no problems.
David and Wendy
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2021 Honda CR-V
Demco KarKaddy SS Tow Dolly