Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New generator for new rv. Recommendations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> New generator for new rv. Recommendations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
ronharmless

The far side

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So you push your views off on other people, even though are doing things within the prescribed bounds, and if they don't accept your views for themselves, then you "label" them.
So who made you the police of all things civil and uncivil Karen?

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronharmless wrote:

So you push your views off on other people, even though are doing things within the prescribed bounds, and if they don't accept your views for themselves, then you "label" them.
So who made you the police of all things civil and uncivil Karen?

It's really not that complicated. The idea of treating others they way you want to be treated goes back to biblical times, long before trendy "Karen vernacular came about.
My view is I don't want to hear your genset plain and simple. When we get down to ME attitude I want you to extend the same courtesy to ME.
If you are going to be camping around ME I want you to use a quiet inverter genset. Because then YOU will be doing all you can not to disturb ME. I will do the same.
If you are using a non inverter, loud open frame genset you are not even trying not to disturb ME. With a loud non inverter genset you are using a cheaper genset that is not suited for camping around others.
You are choosing to take the savings at my expense.
The money you save is at the expense MY peace and quiet.
The true silence purist have ditched their gensets altogether and are using batteries with inverters and solar charging to achieve zero noise.
They have made large investments in their equipment in an effort not to disturb anyone with generator noise.
They did it not because it was legally mandated, although one day it maybe.
They did it because they want to enjoy nature and their camping experience in its purist form with out any man made background noise.

If you truly want to be a ME only guy. I suggest you buy yourself a large plot of land that you can control and be as loud as you want.
However if you are camping on public land or land that you don't own or control, I suggest you consider how your actions impact those around you.
Refer back to the golden rule and treat others the way you wish to be treated and everyone can have an enjoyable experience

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/21 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deleted

JalynRohan

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 02:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Tell us about your RV, make/model etc. and what you want to run with the generator. It will help us give you a more accurate answer.

You generally cannot run several appliances at the same time with a 2000 watt generator.
Enjoy your travels.

Which RV do I need to buy for a family of 5?

https://www.generator-review.com/

JalynRohan

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 02:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JalynRohan wrote:

gbopp wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Tell us about your RV, make/model etc. and what you want to run with the generator. It will help us give you a more accurate answer.

You generally cannot run several appliances at the same time with a 2000 watt generator.
Enjoy your travels.

Which RV do I need to buy for a family of 5?

I already have a Champion 3400 RV ready generator. Does it sufficient while traveling?

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/21 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to put a number on the noise issue, The National Park Service has this rule:

"Under this section the following is prohibited: Operating motorized equipment or machinery that exceeds a noise level of 60 decibels measured on the A-weighted scale at 50 feet, or, if below that level, nevertheless makes noise that is unreasonable."

36 CFR Section 2.12

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JalynRohan wrote:

I already have a Champion 3400 RV ready generator. Does it sufficient while traveling?

Yes. But if you wish to run it while traveling I'd suggest a cage or at minimum a rack with a hardened steel cable.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

AE5TE

NEW MEXICO

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/21 01:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

JalynRohan wrote:

I already have a Champion 3400 ***Link Removed***. Does it sufficient while traveling?

Yes. But if you wish to run it while traveling I'd suggest a cage or at minimum a rack with a hardened steel cable.

I have this unit. It is a good value but the feature that makes it easy to handle also makes it easy to steal. I do use a heavy locking cable. If anyone knows of a suitable ready built cage I would love to hear about it.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/21 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AE5TE,

I had a cage made, after my Yamaha 3000 developed wings.

Teamjd

NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#1Flyboy wrote:

.... IF you buy a Honda you will pay more, but you will get more. Service, reliability, resale value and a proven generator. If you get a Communist China knockoff you will pay less but also get less and it might , maybe, produce the stated power output....

You do realize that Honda generators are made in Japan, China, Thailand, India, and US. While they are reliable and probably easier to get them fixed, it's pot luck where it was made.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> New generator for new rv. Recommendations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.