cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone running: Champion 2800W gas/propane inverter Gennie?

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
anyone running: Champion 2800W gas/propane inverter Gennie?

Hi all

I don’t like gas generators (don’t ask - long story) so was planning on buying a (roughly $1,100) Honda 2200 (the new model) then using the $265 Hutch Mountain New Honda EU2200i Propane, Natural Gas & Gasoline Generator TriFuel conversion Kit

However the Honda 2200 seems to have a recall on it, and I can’t find them for sale at the usual places.

Is anyone running the $899 Costco sold: Champion 2800W Running / 3100W Peak Gasoline or Propane Fuel Powered Digital Inverter Generator

Costco advantage is that if I have a problem with it in the first 10 years I can walk into any Costco and say “this broke, i want a refund” … a pretty significant advantage.

I read that it is not quite as quiet as the Honda 2200, however on a 100 foot extension cord at a campsite…. not much of an issue.

I really don’t want a gas generator (it will hardly get used, and propane burns so cleanly, and I will always have propane with me in a spare tank, and gas goes stale after 6 months, and I don’t want to carry gas with us……) thus the desire for propane generator.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember "on propane 2800 peak watts and 2520 running watts".

It is also a lot heavier than the Honda (93 lb vs 46.5 lbs) bu the Champion comes with a 30A RV outlet and the Honda has a twist-lock so an adapter is required.

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
I have the gasoline only version and it is quiet and has been trouble free.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Do yourself a favor and wait until you can get the Honda 2200i.

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
sorry - I meant to include a link.

https://www.costco.com/champion-2800w-running--3100w-peak-gasoline-or-propane-fuel-powered-digital-inverter-generator.product.100284958.html