Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev
Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/20 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

I don't mind providing a hand up, but hate being part of a hand out.

What's even worse is just try calling in to report fraud. I have first hand knowledge of direct fraud, and tried to report it. All I can get is an answering machine, and I leave a message that never gets returned. Emails never get returned. Calls to "IG Hotline" go unreturned.

Someone posted about offering solutions. Any solution has to come with a solid methodology to combat fraud. I feel that too many state and federal agencies operate under the premise that their jobs depend on how many people they get enrolled into the various programs. If there are less people who actually qualify, then there will be less jobs for the people who work those programs.

Mike

Enter the graft and greed. We could afford every social program, hand out,meal ticket and subsidy.
In addition we could have all the missiles,rockets and corporate welfare that anyone could dream of, if only we could learn to do it efficiently without all the graft,squandering and corruption that goes with government programs.
It seem it cost the taxpayer $500.00 in overhead,corruption and inefficiency to spend $50.00

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Someone posted about offering solutions. Any solution has to come with a solid methodology to combat fraud. I feel that too many state and federal agencies operate under the premise that their jobs depend on how many people they get enrolled into the various programs. If there are less people who actually qualify, then there will be less jobs for the people who work those programs.

Mike

Yes, that is the way the programs are around here.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.