Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

a)I would love to camp next to you just to piss you off.

b) I don't want to camp next to someone with a RV that cost more then(sic) most houses, who has one of those annoying little ankle biter dogs, and is playing load opera music all night long. People like that are jerks.
a) well, that seems to be in vogue now.
b) I have never, ever heard someone playing opera music all night long, but I've heard enough '50s country music to make me gag. Jerks are everywhere.

Some of you people act as if you don't like the neighbors you must stay there and take it.

MNRon

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/20 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderators - unfortunately might be time to shut this one down. There are jerks across the spectrum in America, just like there are good, kind people across the spectrum. I would love our country to be kinder and more empathetic, but don’t think we should tolerate intolerance. People that “love to piss others off” are hurting our country regardless of where they are on the socioeconomic ladder.

Ron & Pat
2013 Silverado 3500 Duramax SRW
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

People that “love to piss others off” are hurting our country regardless of where they are on the socioeconomic ladder.
x2, even from the very top.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

Moderators - unfortunately might be time to shut this one down. There are jerks across the spectrum in America, just like there are good, kind people across the spectrum. I would love our country to be kinder and more empathetic, but don’t think we should tolerate intolerance. People that “love to piss others off” are hurting our country regardless of where they are on the socioeconomic ladder.

Well said.

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/20 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

Yep, this thread was bad from the get go. However, more sympathetic posts than usual for nasty General RVing Issues threads. There's hope.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If these people are complying with all the campground rules and regs, they have every right to have a space and occupy it UNDER THE RULES. Age of their rig, beauty or ugly, makes absolutely no difference other than it offends your finer sensibilities. On the other hand, if they are not paying their rent, violating campground rules or local zoning or health department ordinances, you have every right to be upset. The rules are for everyone and should be applied equally, regardless of their appearance or the age of their rig. If the rules are not being applied equally, you have the option to move or to make your displeasure known to the owners/managers.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

Sorry, not trying to turn this political with my last post...but...trying to get each of us to look at ourselves in the mirror and try to help advocate for improvement for this segment of our population instead of just trying to push them into a corner we don’t have to see...
With the economy the way it is, it is highly likely the problems these people have run deeper than just offering a helping hand. Does anyone actually know people who are at a minimum high school educated and physically capable who cannot find employment? The vast majority of homeless have issues that defy solutions. Mental illness and substance abuse is the underlying causation of homelessness. Treatment options exist, yet most of the homeless either unwilling or unable to seek out and accept that treatment. Our society does not, and perhaps should not, allow for the forced incarceration of these people into institutions and treatment facilities keeping them there until they can rejoin productive society. If anyone has an answer, I am sure there are plenty of people willing to listen and implement a truly workable program.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

MNRon wrote:

People that “love to piss others off” are hurting our country regardless of where they are on the socioeconomic ladder.
x2, even from the very top.

X3. We certainly have enough hate, intolerance and lack of respect in this country these days.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The vast majority of homeless have issues that defy solutions. Mental illness and substance abuse is the underlying causation of homelessness.

Yes.. but most of those are on City streets

Not with family in RVs at campgrounds.. Those people have financial problems

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/20 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

Quote:

The vast majority of homeless have issues that defy solutions. Mental illness and substance abuse is the underlying causation of homelessness.

Yes.. but most of those are on City streets

Not with family in RVs at campgrounds.. Those people have financial problems

X2. Too many jobs don't pay enough to pay all the bills as well as the sky-rocketing rent and housing costs.

2001 RoadTrek 190

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless people coming to your favorite campground!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.