cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Look for Data Plan that throttles to greater than 3G

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a LTE data only plan that.... beyond 50 GB is throttled to above 3G around 1 mbps (Besides Simple mobile) that is around $50 to 60 bucks a month? Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
Here's a link to a lengthy thread on the iRV2 forum from member gsgriffin concerning Visible:

Visible setup thread

Message #10 has a link to a document for setting up the phone and router. The author recommends a GL.iNet GL-AR750S router but I use a much cheaper model the GL.iNet GL-AR150. The setup is the same for either.

You can use any router that can USB-tether a phone or you can connect the phone via WiFi if you have a router with WiFi as WAN capability.

Joel (AKA docj)
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gulfcoast wrote:
I read they are also going to T-Mobile.

Link

That SUCKS

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I read they are also going to T-Mobile.

Link
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
OTR Mobile website is back up... bad news, it appears new customer rate has gone up to $80 per month, while legacy customers are at $60 per month.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to a lengthy thread on the iRV2 forum from member gsgriffin concerning Visible:

Visible setup thread

Message #10 has a link to a document for setting up the phone and router. The author recommends a GL.iNet GL-AR750S router but I use a much cheaper model the GL.iNet GL-AR150. The setup is the same for either.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:

As for Visible, I checked that out and it's great, if you only have one person. Their website says the HotSpot can only tether one device at a time. If I read Verizon right my wife and I can use up to 8 devices on their HotSpot, although we will probably only use 2 to 4.

I have our Visible phone operating in USB tethered mode connected to a Pepwave Surf Mini OTG router/repeater that supports many devices connected at once. There are a number of other routers that will serve multiple devices as well using the Visible phone as its Internet source.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
"Unlimited" with only 10GB hotspot data?

It's unlimited data for the phone, 10GB when the hotspot feature is used.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
"Unlimited" with only 10GB hotspot data?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
mchero wrote:
Great topic!
I have Verizon. It serves us well but pricey. Checked the 55 plan BUT only avail. In FL and TX markets, a real pissa as they say here in NE.
Thinking about porting over to Straight talk. I can use our current Samsung phones correct?

What is the 55 plan? I see the Verizon Get More Unlimited for $55, but that's if you have 4 lines. 4 X $55 = $220. I may start with their Play More Unlimited for $80 for 1 line. The reason I only need 1 line is because my wife and I will be in a motorhome full time, almost always together. Later this summer, if I'm working I might get a second line.

As for Visible, I checked that out and it's great, if you only have one person. Their website says the HotSpot can only tether one device at a time. If I read Verizon right my wife and I can use up to 8 devices on their HotSpot, although we will probably only use 2 to 4.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Great topic!
I have Verizon. It serves us well but pricey. Checked the 55 plan BUT only avail. In FL and TX markets, a real pissa as they say here in NE.
Thinking about porting over to Straight talk. I can use our current Samsung phones correct?
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
my wife and son are on visible.
As others have pointed out, it only works on Verizon towers - but we've only not had a signal in northern New Mexico when we traveled from Denver to LA and back with the 5er over thanksgiving.
My son uses about 50gb a month, and never complains about his viewing being slowed or buffering.
As to whether ATT or verizon is better - it's best to have both. Some places you'll get att coverage (Straight Talk) and some places you'll get Verizon (Visible). I know in Yosemite, you get Verizon 4gLTe but not ATT in the valley. I know this because my family has ATT and Tmobile. For a time I had Sprint and my brother in law had verizon. Only verizon had coverage. it's been the inverse in other places.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gulfcoast wrote:
OTR mobile is not accepting new customers at this time..... Hopefully they will again in the near future.

Looks like something is up. Guess I got in at the right time ๐Ÿ™‚ or could be I should have waited?

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
I have my doubts.. Ive watched many reviews.

Straight talk on ATT is superior IMO to verizon. Im LTE all the time. It would seem visible will only work LTE on certain towers.

That whole you dont go to top of list thing.

Maybe by your area too. Myrtle beach ATT is superior. Verizon has its problems from what I know..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGSzjEf0LXA
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh