cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv door lock assembly - best quality brand to buy?

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to replace the door lock assembly on my cargo trailer. I am in and out of this door 100 times per week, making deliveries to customers. What's the most reliable brand out there? Is there any consensus on the forum?
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point
4 REPLIES 4

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
In other words, it's a cr@pshoot. Doggone it! Eenie, meenie, miney, moe...I guess I'll try a Global Link this time.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
To get quality, I suspect you'd have to get away from the "RV" moniker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whichever brand you decide to buy make sure the latch itself is steel and not a zinc alloy(pot metal) these break quite often. Trimark door assy's are known for this. I understand that now make one with a steel latch. I have had three of these fail since 2004 before I figured out why.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This company gets great reviews and the products that I have bought from them have been of outstanding quality.

RV Locks and More
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C