cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furrion back up camera

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. Saturday I picked up my slightly used 2019 cruiser MPG 2550RB. There is a Furrion camera on the back. Dealer didn't seem to know too much about it. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I might need to use this and how it works.? thanks in advance for any help.
12 REPLIES 12

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
To the OP - sounds like the RV just has the "camera pre-wire" kit.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jrw1550
Explorer
Explorer
campermama you have to pair the cameras to the monitor. Not sure which monitor you have but there is a menu in the setup to pair. You select this choice and then the camera you want to pair then you need to press the monitor pairing button on the camera for 3 to 5 seconds. The camera will then pair and start to show a picture on the monitor. I just had a Vision S with a rear and 2 side cameras added to my trailer. The manual that came with it didn't say anything about pressing a button on the camera. If you go to Furrions website you can download a manual plus their technical support seems to be top notch so don't hesitate to send them an email or call. Good luck.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new trailer I just got has the furrion camera, when I plug in monitor in truck it just says no signal. I tried running the truck, lights on, put in reverse.....nothing!!
How do I get it to get a signal?
TIA!
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. As soon as I can get out to the storage unit I will check. but honestly I don't remember an antenna, so thinking it isn't really there. bummer.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Already had several ask how I like my backup camera when it's just the prep housing, Furrion.....easily mistaken.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it look like this with an antenna sticking up? If not, it's just a cover they all come with.

freetime58
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Get up there and take a close look at it. The cover provided on (empty) Furrion camera mounts looks like a camera - but it's not. The actual camera will have a lens in the center and a ring of small LED lights around it. All Furrion cameras come with a monitor. Chances are that either the previous owner is clueless or there's not camera there (or both).

Rob

No need to get up there....the details are easily seen from the ground.
It will also have an antenna sticking out (about 4") from the top of the housing......that's if it's actually camera and not just the prep housing!

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get up there and take a close look at it. The cover provided on (empty) Furrion camera mounts looks like a camera - but it's not. The actual camera will have a lens in the center and a ring of small LED lights around it. All Furrion cameras come with a monitor. Chances are that either the previous owner is clueless or there's not camera there (or both).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
I honestly don't know. the thing that looks like a camera (from what I've seen online) is mounted up on the back of the trailer. not really sure how to find out if it is really there or not. Not really a big deal I guess but it sure would be cool to have.

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure that the actual camera is there? Not just the camera prep kit?
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
No, and I talked to the previous owner and he said the monitor didn't come with it. they put the camera in then make you buy the monitor. he never used it.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The monitor didn't come with it? Seems odd. Maybe an indication that the camera is toast?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP