cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tailgate camera mirror

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled across a Utube video on a mirror to allow you to use your rear view tailgate camera with your tailgate down. Www.tailgatemirrow.com. Useful product.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,
4 REPLIES 4

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thatโ€™s a cool product. There are times I put my tailgate down. Like others, with my TC loaded, my tailgate isnโ€™t on. Granted, itโ€™s rare that I could use the mirror, but Iโ€™m sure others can. The most common case in my past would have been launching a boat on some ramps.

Iโ€™m not sure about the exercution. Seems like magnets would make more sense and not be as impacted by dirt.

If I was going to leave my tailgate off all of the time, I wouldnโ€™t have bought a TC because being loaded all the time implies I also wouldnโ€™t have a truck. Based on the thread of how much time the TC is loaded that varies by the person.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
seems to me to be a good idea for hauling boards,etc., longer than the bed sticking out. able to see to back up but not for truck campers
bumpy

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Hang my tailgate at garage ceiling 3 years ago.
It is still there.
Now the mirror might be useful for some drivers, but who drives down the street on reverse with tailgate down?
The suction cups don't work too well od muddy tailgate anyway.
Put magnets instead and with aluminium tailgate you are screw again.

Bedlam
Most of us with truck campers do not travel with a tailgate - The campers typically extend down once past the bed.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD