cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear Observation camera

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
To those of you who have actually bought and used an add on camera I'm looking for a recommendation. I want a rear view camera that works going down the interstate and won't be choppy. Everything I look at says back up camera and upon reading allot of the reviews they are choppy at higher speeds. I'd like to find something that will have a strong enough signal for a 30' TT and under $500.00 if that's possible. Thanks for reading.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
11 REPLIES 11

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
I second the Haloview camera from Amazon, mine is crystal clear even at interstate speeds.

I'll check it out. Never heard of it, thanks.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Haloview camera from Amazon, mine is crystal clear even at interstate speeds.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

freetime58
Explorer
Explorer
wtmtnhiker wrote:
freetime58 wrote:
Mine works great, monitor can be hard to see at times and just needs to be slightly adjusted when the light hits it at certain angles, no big deal really.

I love the benefits of the camera.

What brand and model?

Furion Vision S, 7" display and a single Camera, factory prep was done with housing on rear of TT, simple plug'n play installation, think it took 15 minutes.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
freetime58 wrote:
Mine works great, monitor can be hard to see at times and just needs to be slightly adjusted when the light hits it at certain angles, no big deal really.

What brand and model?

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a Garmin GPS, you may want add their backup camera to your GPS. I have a Garmin BC30 working with my RV660LMT in my 30 ft. TT.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went with a wireless camera off Amazon. It works great for what I need. Perfect 4k digital, no, but adequate for seeing behind the trailer while driving.

freetime58
Explorer
Explorer

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Furrion observation model is about worthless. Pixilates, freezes, screen is hard to see. Haven't used it in a couple of years. Waste of $$$$.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had this Furrion observation camera for over a year now. Works great going down the highway.

Furrion Observation Camera
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Fire19
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the Furrion Vision for my 32' foot fifth wheel last summer and it works great even at highway speeds.
2000 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab
2002 Gulfstream Seahawk 29FKS
1998 GL1500SE

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I added a $70 wired camera to my 33' TT last year. For the price, it does the job but the screen resolution isn't the clearest. I initially mounted the camera to a bracket above the spare tire but excessive vibration on the road made it impossible to get a clear image. Mounting the camera directly to the bumper solved the vibration issue but the focal length on the camera is pretty short so I don't see cars 4-5 car lengths back well...they are just a blob on the screen.

For highway observation, my set up is adequate but I don't rely on it as a back camera. I don't have any perspective on where the left and right edges of the trailer and there's no sound so the DW still backs me in when kids are present at the CG.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran