cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towels

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using these towels in our Class C for more than a year.

I finally got around to embroidering them. I did two sets. HERE is one.

I think that they came out pretty good and Sherry LOVES them.

Tim

13 REPLIES 13

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
Very nice. I do have a recommendation if you ever decide to do this again.

Years ago we switched to Turkish towels. They are thin, but highly absorbent and dry quickly. With standard heavy cotton towels, I would have one wet towel and my wife would generate two, one for just her hair. We did not have a good place to hang 3 wet towels in the shower area and they would take forever to dry. We often seemed to have wet towels hanging from the cabinets over the dinette area. Turkish towels solved the problem.

I solved the problem by buying a collapsible bamboo drying rack, it has 11 drying rods including 5 high enough to fit XL beach towels. It collapses down to 29x14x3.5 inches, fit easily into the passthrough of my first single axle trailer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put those on eBay - Amazon

Even better if the design could resemble a picture sent in from the buyer.

Cassy0110
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice job!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Very cute! Nice job.
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

deanwinchester
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool. I would like to recommend that you try using custom-made towels in the following, which you can easily purchase using a website that sells custom-made golf towels. They are actually an excellent purchase, as the natural materials used in their manufacture can be useful to you. After all, natural materials will never harm you. So think about buying them with the help of platforms that are engaged in their manufacture. I'm sure you'll like it. I hope that my recommendations will help you. For more information visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K1RCTND?th=1.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Those are very nicely done! ๐Ÿ™‚

Like some of the other commenters, I have also switched to microfiber towels. While cotton towels might get dry here in AZ, in the PNW they tend to stay soggy. Bought all mine in the automotive department at Walmart. Sure, they lack the decorative charm of 'real' towels but are a lot more practical. I also cut very thin automotive dept. microfiber towels (the ones that come in bundles) into quarters and use them for dish cloths.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Those towels will most likely be upgraded to "Guest" towels and you will never use them again ๐Ÿ™‚

Reminds me of my going away to college package my mom put together for me. A full set of sheets etc. and RED towels. After the first wash I had pink sheets for the rest of the year.

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
Did you stretch the towel across a hoop and make the design freehand?

Machine, not hand, embroidery.

Dissolving stabilizer hooped and then towel bonded to stabilizer with dissolving spray adhesive.

Tim

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Healeyman wrote:

I finally got around to embroidering them.

Did you stretch the towel across a hoop and make the design freehand?
There is something special about camping in an RV.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very cool.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:

Years ago we switched to Turkish towels. They are thin, but highly absorbent and dry quickly.

We use the backpacker's friend - microfiber towels. They dry in the blink of an eye (but probably don't lend themselves to cute embroidery!)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II

Years ago we switched to Turkish towels. They are thin, but highly absorbent and dry quickly. With standard heavy cotton towels, I would have one wet towel and my wife would generate two, one for just her hair. We did not have a good place to hang 3 wet towels in the shower area and they would take forever to dry. We often seemed to have wet towels hanging from the cabinets over the dinette area. Turkish towels solved the problem.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome job! Very cute.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]