cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hate to be a donnie downer...

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I have ridden 1600 miles in Mexico, crossing at Laredo a week ago and now at Merida - on a motorcycle but we also have RV'd in Mexico about 8 times since 1999.
Point is I have not see a single RV on the road in Mexico - the wife thought she saw one headed north but it might have been a carnival worker.
American and Canadian Rver's used to be a fairly common sight on the roads, but that trade seems to have disappeared... First the Americans, and now Canadians as well.
Before we worked up the nerve to take an RV into Mexico we were comforted by seeing so many others doing so... But now it seems to be a rarity. We have not been on the Mex-15 corridor yet this year, maybe there are some there and I'm sure we'll see some at Chimulco in a few weeks when we get there.
13 REPLIES 13

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
Both RV parks on Stone Island/Isla de la Piedra have been full all winter and there are only 2 - 3 small sites available for next season. Lots of RVs here.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2 little c's (weiner dogs)
2001,39' RoseAir (Rexhall) DP with 2 slides
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
so far this year we have hosted a group of 13 rigs and a group of 17 rigs - tomorrow I will bring 27 rigs in and next week another 29 rigs, working on several new groups for 2021, definitely see an increase in first time visitors.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen plenty this season. most are on the road in early Jan & mid to late march. We curently have about 70 rigs in mexico on our caravans. about 35 english & 35 french. If you see a convoy of 15 airstreams they are ours. The french are stationary in Lo de Marcos, there are 3 english groups on the move. 2 in the northern interior and one in Chiapas.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on the Sonora toll road in my toad 4 times this season. I did not see one RV. If the Mexicans are not driving from state to state then surely the tourists are deciding it is not worth taking a chance. We have a Bluebird sitting in my shop and Kino is as far south as I will go.

Moisheh

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
In the past west coast US states and western provinces visited the Pacific coast in Mexico - Eastern states and provinces - especially Quebec RV'd in Mexico too.

VBCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I had no idea that was "a thing." Of course I'm new to all this.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna be hard to say. More of an estimate than anything else.

Talleyho69
Maybe it's a west coast thing vs an east coast thing.

More observations would be nice to hear.

Lou_Morris
Explorer
Explorer
From our limited view there seemed to be more RVs on the road now than 4-5 years ago. On our way down 15 to Sayulita in December Totonaka RV Park in San Carlos was nearly full. Then in Mazatlan both Jaibas and Mar Villa seemed near full (and Maz in general seemed busier than in past years). We're now at the Sayulita Trailer Park and while it was relatively slow in December, it is now full. Many leave there rigs here year around, but there are 2-3 new arrivals and departures coming and going every week or so (quite a few in smaller Class B Sprinter Van conversions ...)
'07 Winne View
Jetta TDI

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the high price of fuel is the reason. $4.25-4.50 a gallon compared to $2.50 in the USA.

Talleyho69
Fortunately here in Zihuatanejo, both of the parks are full most days.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We have friends who have been taking their RV to Mexico several times each year. This year due to the reports of problems in Mexico, they have decided not to go.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
It’s an unfortunate sign of the times.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad