cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mid of the nights stuff and other things by RVers

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Done some pretty weird things like Black Tank Sagas but last night was a dozer as n nearly asleep. Got a it of a skin rash. So sometime in the middle of the night I got up to spray some antiseptic on it.
Surprising how close a can of spray cooking oil looks like Dermaplast, at o dark 30. Seems to have worked too. Thought things were kinda slick though down there.
21 REPLIES 21

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Better stop those foreigners from using your head. Someone on here said they do nasty stuff.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
Done some pretty weird things like Black Tank Sagas but last night was a dozer as n nearly asleep. Got a it of a skin rash. So sometime in the middle of the night I got up to spray some antiseptic on it.
Surprising how close a can of spray cooking oil looks like Dermaplast, at o dark 30. Seems to have worked too. Thought things were kinda slick though down there.

Um, my first though when you said Skin Rash was something that you would get from a plant. Then you said Slippery Down There and I wondered why you were running around in the woods naked ? But, to each their own. Makes no difference to me.

The next time I get a skin rash,,, and it won't be there,,, I will try some spray cooking oil. Maybe you are on to something.

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
The orange version is the breakfast drink of the astronauts!

Horrible stuff, by the way.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
If that happened I'd just piss in a cup.

I always kept an empty gallon water container next to the john just in case, although a quart container would probably work as well as long as bladder wasn't too full.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
^ Yeah they might have to shut down the internet as well so our computers don't spread the corona virus.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMO we ain't seen nothing yet, as compared to the big scare presently in the NEWS. We won't be able to even communicate if everybody goes off grid. Will our "dry camping" experience help? Where/how will we get fuel? and water?
Is this the worst nightmare? Am I dreaming? Right, don't panic. Got it.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Black tank saga's and itchy rashes in places they don't belong... Not sure I'd be going public with that.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
^
k as in Black Tank Saga not Black Tang Saga.
Now I understand. Having never experienced this ordeal it was like speaking a foreign language to me. Thanks for the clarification!
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If that happened I'd just piss in a cup.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
:B I can just see it - thanks for the laugh!

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Black Tank Sagas? Yeah, sure we all have our stories to tell about that! Some a lot funnier than others!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
down home wrote:

Hilarious down home! At least there was a sense of humor about it.

But how the medicine get in with the cooking supplies or vice versa? LOL
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2oldman wrote:
We still don't know what it is.

Wut?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
routeforty wrote:
What's a "Black Tang Saga"? :h

YOu make your 3-am (and it's pouring down rain at 35 degrees F out) trip to the "Little Room" and find the black tank is FULL and you've not even hooked up the hose yet.

No. never done that... at least not EXACTLY as described
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times