cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park in So. Texas with lots of activities.

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
Every winter we spend a month or two in south Texas but we have never been to the bottom, Big Bend Area. We always opt for Rockport or Galveston because its closer. Anyone recommend a park in the south end that has a lot of activities? My wife loves the games, dancing etc.
4 REPLIES 4

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of the parks in south texas have activities for the snowbirds. Pick some and start viewing their website. Many have their activities calendars on line so you can see what they have.

monde48
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are in Benson Grove RV Park in Mission, Texas.
And there is so many activities. I don't know if I can mention them.all
There is line dancing.
Pickle ball
golf
there is a bicycle club.
Clock making with the rock club.
There is woodworking
Swedish weaving.
Quilting
there is a baseball team.
They have several pool tables.
There is a outside pool and inside. Pool
and I'm sure there is more and there. There is going to be two new activities but I don't know what they are, yet

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Del Rio has several parks, but most don't have a lot of activities.

The parks near Big Bend expect you to arrange your own entertainment, either in the local area or in the park. The drive along the Rio Grande River from Lajitas to Persidio is something I think everyone should do, and visit Fort Leaton State Park. But I would not recommend driving the RV on that route unless one has confidence in driving with a steep cliff on one side, a deep drop off on the other and a 12% grade.

You can look for the Marfa Lights. The MacDonald Observatory outside Fort Davis is wonderful. Lost Alaskan RV in Alpine is the best in the area, and many folks winter there. But it gets cold. We were hosts at Davis Mountains State Park outside Fort Davis in Nov, Dec and the first couple weeks on Jan.

Below freezing was common, we saw 17 three nights. Fort Davis is about 5,000 ft elevation, kind of cool at night in the summer. Lost Alaskan is at 4439 ft. It will be cold in the winter some.

We spent five weeks in Alamo in Jan and early Feb this winter.

The Encore park we stayed at, Alamo Palms, had a lot of activities. But we went to RC car races at another park, musical entertainment at four other parks, a health fare at another, and an RV dealer open house.

There are lots of things to do in the lower RGV, though many events will be at other parks.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try this video they include several Texas parks in their list: Grand Adventure best private parks in 2019
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper