cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EZ Snap window shades?

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I searched and didn't see any threads... has anyone tried the EZ Snap window shade system yet? EZsnapdirect.com Its a DIY window mesh system. You buy a large section of the material and you get either adhesive or screw based snaps to attach to your RV.

I have some camping friends who have high end campers and custom window mesh and they love it. It blocks heat and some light, but still allows some light and saves your view while giving you privacy. I'm very interested in this, especially at the price point. I'm seeking out actual experience with this product (or anything at a similar price point).
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS
7 REPLIES 7

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
4th of July week trip. Took ezshade off one side of window and waited 5 minutes. The side without the ez shade was 96.6 degrees, ez shade side was 81.1. 5 minutes longer and the side without ez shade was 100.4, side with ez shade was 81.7 degrees. Another 10 minutes and side without ez shade was 103, side with ez shade was 82.6. The glass is getting hotter from not being shaded and is causing the heat to spread. Bhai hhhhhh b by b

Its only mid 80's outside right now and a 20 degree temp difference. $225 kit (with extra snaps) covered 4 windows on slideout, window in door, window in kitchen and window in wife's side of bedroom. I'm VERY pleased thus far. As the week progresses, we'll see if the cooler windows help keep temps down. 32' box with large slide and only 1 15k ducted ac unit.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One warning I will give. With shades like this during the day they are very good as privacy shades. You may well be able to see out (Some you can, some you can not) but on the ones where you can see out .. at night. with lights on INSIDE but little light outside.. People can see in.

Kind of like the half slivered mirrors you see on TV Shows in the wall of the interrogation room so others standing outside can look in but the suspect can not see them.

(Worked in a police station for a while. we had such a mirror) K-Mart has 'em as well)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought some and just cut and installed them. It seems like a quality product thus far. I appreciate your feedback, it was quite helpful. We have a short trip next week, should be in the sun. I'll take some temp measurements and see how effective they truly are. Some of my windows (kids bunk room and my side of the bedroom) have reflectix still. The rest of the windows (main living area and wifes side of the bedroom) will have these. I'm hopeful that they significantly reduce the heat. We have the 15K AC because we camp at a lot of 30 amp only campgrounds, and its a large space to cool down on hot mid-atlantic summer days!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

How long have you had them, how are they holding up to the UV light? Is the material still looking like new?

Any issues with the adhesive snaps, any of them getting loose or anything? I'm planning on using them and attaching them to the window frame, as I have aluminum siding that has ridges.

I've had mine for 3 years now. Still looks new.

as for the adhesive snaps, I have some mounted directly on the window glass and most mounted to the fiberglass siding. In all cases I used the supplied adhesive promoter. Basically 3M VHB adhesive promoter. It makes an incredible difference in how the adhesive last and how strong the bond is. With it, getting VHB off is difficult to say the least. Without it, I've had no trouble removing VHB adhesive strips.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

How long have you had them, how are they holding up to the UV light? Is the material still looking like new?

Any issues with the adhesive snaps, any of them getting loose or anything? I'm planning on using them and attaching them to the window frame, as I have aluminum siding that has ridges.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I have them and installed them on our trailer. They were pretty easy to put on. For storage I roll them up together and put them under the bed. They do help a great deal to limit heat gain from the sun. They do block some light but not all that much. I used the adhesive based snaps. I labeled each of them so it's easy to see where they go.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although this sounds very interesting I have no experience with the product, but certainly would like to know more. Please post updates.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!