cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North east Ohio to So Cal.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. We thought we were going to go to Disney world in July but now wife and kids want to see California. We have 20 days and will travel from north east Ohio to la county and Santa Barbara county. I grew up in Goleta and I get to go home. On the way we want to spend some time at the Grand Canyon. One son wants to spend a day or two in Phoenix. Whatโ€™s everyone suggestions ? Yes I know itโ€™s a lot of travel for 3 weeks.
7 REPLIES 7

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
As far as Santa Barbara county I grew up in Goleta but like to spend time seeing whatever we can. Goleta, mission, botanical gardens? Piers.

La county is different because we donโ€™t have a list for that yet. One son wants Disney land and the other wants county fire museum. Me and him are emergency! Fans. Otherwise like to see Santa Monica pier, spend time at a beach. Not sure what else yet.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, join the Elks! We've stayed at many Elks Lodges across the country. Just stayed at Erie, PA last Sept. There are a couple lodges with RV sites just north of L.A.

Again, if you could be more specific about where in the L.A. and Santa Barbara areas you are going to visit (Disneyland?), people could make campground suggestions.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Haha I see a pattern. I donโ€™t think Phoenix is gonna be a good idea. Might have to cut that portion out.

As far as the elks, Iโ€™m not a member. However i did see the elks in Goleta has rv sites and some friends have been after me to join the local elks. I think I have an application around here somewhere. I should just join.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Where are you planning to visit in L.A. county and Santa Barbara county? Do you happen to be an Elks member? I know of a couple Elks lodges that have RV sites.

You'll definitely need reservations at Grand Canyon and anyplace in CA.

What does your son want to do in the Phoenix oven in July? Not a good time to RV there. You'll want to run your A/C 24/7 and that may not even keep up with the heat.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix in July isnโ€™t my idea of a vacation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Should be quite empty here in Phoenix area in July. And a chance to experience Hell without making it permanent.

How many days are you planning to take on the way out and the way back? That will tell you what time you'll have at your final destination. I'd plan to spend as much time in the mountains as possible, and less on the coast.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Also Iโ€™m guessing the hardest part will be finding camping in La and Sb county?