cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rear basket

dougbo44
Explorer
Explorer
This past wkend attended OAKS, PA RV show. I saw on several travel trailers a rear folding "cooler" basket. It mounted to bumper (not into 2" receiver) and had a bracket on bottom to mount spare tire. Can anyone provide manufacture name, and place to purchase?
6 REPLIES 6

dougbo44
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the input due to stock market situation, was forced to sell camper........

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you may be referring to the LCI rack used by at least Keystone and Forest River. It is not supported by the bumper, there are frame mounted brackets above the bumper. Mine has a weight rating of 225 pounds.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
my prowler has a rear rack with spare tire mounted on it, the rack is mounted on 2x4 square tubing in front of the bumper, it says 500 lbs load capacity?

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Cherokee & Wolf Pups have a FRAME mounted rear basket fold down carrier. There are frame hinge brackets and the basket arms rest on the bumper. My Wolf Pup has one. The spare tire is mounted to it with a welded bracket. They claim you can use the carrier lowered with the spare on it. Me, I worry about ground clearance. Rack capacity is either 150 or 200# WITHOUT my 40# spare tire. I'd like to modify the spare tire carrier bracket to be removable but replaceable for clearance. I'll likely cut it off this summer for clearance IF I want to use the carrier AFTER I lift the axle.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anything mounted to a travel trailer bumper is a failure waiting to happen - especially if it includes a spare tire.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Does your TT manufacturer limit the weight on the bumper? Winnebago does, as do most others. Have you calculated the effect that adding weight to the very rear of the TT will have on tongue weight?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad