cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GM trucks will get updated interiors like 2021 tahoe

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Buddy works at Chevy dealership and they confirmed the trucks will get the dash upgrades of the new SUVs and other interior changes.

Most the comments when the new SUVs were introduced were mostly positive about the interiors.
13 REPLIES 13

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
ExxWhy wrote:
The camera view in the rear view mirror is very hi res and you can see more than one might expect and certainly more than the mirror itself shows. It is also a regular mirror. My initial issue with it is I can't focus very well at close distance, so it would be more useful for the 30 yr old me. The GM 360 camera system is superior to the current Ford or Ram system in both resolution and programming/function.
I test drove a SRW model. The cameras are awesome. The rearview mirror fucntion seems totally real and natural... But no blind spots whatsoever. I toggled back an forth between camera and mirror views, and the camera view is hands down the best... To me, looking at the dash screen even though it is larger, is not natural. probably because 44 years of driving habits have me looking automatically at the rear view mirror.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
The camera view in the rear view mirror is very hi res and you can see more than one might expect and certainly more than the mirror itself shows. It is also a regular mirror. My initial issue with it is I can't focus very well at close distance, so it would be more useful for the 30 yr old me. The GM 360 camera system is superior to the current Ford or Ram system in both resolution and programming/function.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
2001400ex wrote:
wowens79 wrote:
A 8~10 speed tranny would really help the gasser along with a better interior. Iโ€™ve been waiting on the upgrade from the 6.0, but when you complain the new Chevy HDs to theRam and Ford it just is missing too much.

My current Chevy has been great, and makes me want to stick with them, but Iโ€™m not sure that I will.

They all three have their differences. Ram has air ride suspension and the big screen. Ford is similar to Chevy in the screen but has massaging seats and panaramic roof. GM has the heads up display and camera for a rear view mirror. All depends what's important to you.

Camera is in the rear view mirror?

That would suck.
Way too tiny to see anything.

snarkee
Explorer
Explorer
Not the invisible trailer camera. I find the 360 camera with the side views while towing very useful. I wish gm didnt force high end packages in order to obtain that.
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd
2021 Rockwood Ultralite 2891bh

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
Ford does not have the invisible trailer system.

To my understanding, Ford reverse cameras don't even work when going forward... people report having to muck with the wiring of their trucks, adding aftermarket gizmos from NavTV and overriding the Ford OEM programming with aftermarket software from Forscan, just to be able to use the Ford cameras they already paid for, and still have to live with the worst quality camera resolution available from an OE manufacturer.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
snarkee wrote:
Gm sucks with the camera packages.. the 360 package is only available in high end trim levels after certain packages are chosen...
Ford and ram have the 360 camera view on their lower trim levels.

Are you saying that Ford has the invisable trailer function? I wasn't aware of that.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

snarkee
Explorer
Explorer
Gm sucks with the camera packages.. the 360 package is only available in high end trim levels after certain packages are chosen...
Ford and ram have the 360 camera view on their lower trim levels.
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd
2021 Rockwood Ultralite 2891bh

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
2001400ex wrote:
wowens79 wrote:
A 8~10 speed tranny would really help the gasser along with a better interior. Iโ€™ve been waiting on the upgrade from the 6.0, but when you complain the new Chevy HDs to theRam and Ford it just is missing too much.

My current Chevy has been great, and makes me want to stick with them, but Iโ€™m not sure that I will.

They all three have their differences. Ram has air ride suspension and the big screen. Ford is similar to Chevy in the screen but has massaging seats and panaramic roof. GM has the heads up display and camera for a rear view mirror. All depends what's important to you.
I think the GMs camera system is a game changer.
he invisable trailer system will make towing soo much easier. I am somewhat suprised that this being a "tow vehicle" forum, there has been little to no discussion on this.
Instead we get massaging seats, Sunroofs, nice interiors, 8-10 speed trannys (OK this makes a little sense) etc.
IOW what is being discussed for the most part is what one would expect on a luxury sedan forum.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:

2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III

2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
I figured this would happen when I bought my 2020. I talked to a Chevy rep about a year ago and he thought the interior would stay until 2022 in the HD. I wouldn't be surprised if the half ton got the upgrade in 2021 and HD in 2022.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
The interior on these new SUV's are far superior than the trucks. If I were in the market for a Chevy/GMC truck I would definitely wait for a interior upgrade but if Chevy was smart they wouldn't limit the upgrade to the interior.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m happy with my interior but wouldnโ€™t object to some more flash.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad