cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric heated water hose

JCatrule
Explorer
Explorer
Do you use your electric heated water hose year round or store it for the summer?
14 REPLIES 14

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb wrote:

When we lived in our unit through 2 Wyoming winters, we used a homemade, heat traced, insulated water line/hose. Now, we fill the fresh tank, then drain and store the hose. memtb

In addition to my previous post, we don't usually use the 5th wheel in the winter, and when we do, the tanks are heated. That is another reason to just rely on the tanks, as opposed to the city water hookup.
Just wanted to throw that out there when I say I don't understand folks not using their tanks.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
JCatrule wrote:
Do you use your electric heated water hose year round or store it for the summer?

When we lived in our unit through 2 Wyoming winters, we used a homemade, heat traced, insulated water line/hose. Now, we fill the fresh tank, then drain and store the hose. memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
I use the heated hose in the winter only. It has a thermostat that turns it on when it gets sufficiently cold so I don't worry about plugging and unplugging. We don't get hard freezes where we spend winters but it doesn't hurt to use it.

Anyway, come April when we move out the heated hose goes in storage under the coach.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
JCatrule wrote:

I just use in winter as it's heavy. Got ours at CW maybe 6 years ago & for once caught something on " sale " :B

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do not boondock and prefer to use "city" water when available. We have a heated hose that I use whenever we are staying put during the winter or when the forecast is for lows below freezing at night. If the heated hose is in place and the forecast is for days or weeks with lows above freezing, I just unplug it. I use a non-heated hose the rest of the year, but carry the heated hose with us (since we are full-timers).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
We leave ours attached and just unplug it
Hose is not exposed to the sun

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Use my heated hose in the winter....had temps in the low teens...and when the weather gets warmed I use just a normal hose.
cpaulsen

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Keeping a hose attached to a hydrant can cause it to freeze and break unless it is heated as well.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Even though mine has a thermostat I just simply unplug it for the summer. I am 5000 feet up in the mountains and we do need it during the winter some.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We never use a heated hose. If it will be below freezing, which we try to avoid, we fill the fresh water tank, store the hose and shut off the gray water drain and drain the hose.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
diesel, you are an RVer like me! MNRon too!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know why you would even want one. I am another who believes in using the tanks.The water pressure is always the same, and I know how much water I am using.
In all fairness, we almost never stay at full hookup places. Heck, we hardly ever stay at places with plug ins.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
We donโ€™t ever use one as we run out of our tank. Hose is only used a few minutes each week to fill the tank. ๐Ÿ™‚

If I had an expensive heated hose Iโ€™d only use it when necessary, and use a cheaper one most of the time.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t take the chance that electricity will fail so I fill the onboard tank, use the water pump and stow the hose.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad