cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vernal UT to Lake City CO.

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Lake City CO. from Vernal UT. Googles routes me to Hwy 50 in Grand Junction then on to 26 (Lake City Cutoff Rd) on 149 to Lake City. Does anyone know what kind of road is 26? Google doesn't do a good zoom on it.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport
5 REPLIES 5

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to google maps and click on the junction of 26 with US50 and with 149 at the south end, you can see it is a dirt road.
Turret Class traveler

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
southernsky wrote:
Going to Lake City CO. from Vernal UT. Googles routes me to Hwy 50 in Grand Junction then on to 26 (Lake City Cutoff Rd) on 149 to Lake City. Does anyone know what kind of road is 26? Google doesn't do a good zoom on it.

You could backup what Google is telling you with those excellent super detailed Benchmark atlases - so detailed that it takes an entire atlas with many pages to cover each state.

We always travel the West in our RV using a Garmin GPS unit with currently updated maps in it - PLUS a Benchmark atlas of every state we travel in. By always consulting both sources, we can keep out of trouble.

https://www.benchmarkmaps.com/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Thom02099 wrote:
southernsky wrote:

Full disclosure - I've not been on this road. However, THIS Google Search - Lake City Cutoff Road comes up with this specific review on TripAdvisor. General google search gives other info. Sounds like it's something locals use, but may not be appropriate for most RVs as far as time savings.

Thom, really a road not Traveled - :h - Gives you a reason to head into the Southern part of Colorado - Thinking that is a Miss-que by Google Maps - now in the Toad.....might be fun but not likely Faster.

Glad to have one of the Colorado Pro's chime in and help clear it up.

๐Ÿ™‚
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
southernsky wrote:

Full disclosure - I've not been on this road. However, THIS Google Search - Lake City Cutoff Road comes up with this specific review on TripAdvisor. General google search gives other info. Sounds like it's something locals use, but may not be appropriate for most RVs as far as time savings.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:

Going to Lake City CO. from Vernal UT.

Googles routes me to Hwy 50 in Grand Junction then on to 26 (Lake City Cutoff Rd) on 149 to Lake City.

Does anyone know what kind of road is 26? Google doesn't do a good zoom on it.

I've made this drive and have no idea where RT 26 is?

I'd take 139 - 50 - to 149 to Lake City - Sorry I have no idea where ths RT 26 might be. Could Be a Gravel 4X4 road that is not on the regular map - MAP

Years ago I had directions that tried to take me over the Alpine Loop in the RV - But - as you zoom in and check it out it will likely just be a 4X4 only route.

The Bing map I posted is the only real way there.

Lots of other ways to get to RT 50 RT 149 intersection but that would be a whole nother story. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this helps,

You will Love Lake City - It's a piece of the Old West - Wild and Beautiful - Really Beautiful - Lake City, CO Images
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach