Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: TSD Fuel Card
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> TSD Fuel Card

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/20 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've basically quit using Pilot/Flying J. The discount using the Good Sam Pilot card there wasn't all that hot, anyway. Our TSD card gets us much better discounts at all the other truck stops. If Pilot/Flying J is the only thing around and I'm approaching empty, I've still got the Good Sam Pilot card in my wallet.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

patperry2766

Saginaw Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/20 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Class A DP 1 wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

Use your Costco Citi Bank card. 1-4% cash back. It adds up FAST.

Does the Costco card need be used only at Costco?

No,
you get 4% off on gas anywhere, 3% on eating out and 1-2% on everything else. While some might do better, I'm getting a $655 voucher back from Costco this month for my 2019 purchases. Just gotta take it there to cash it and then I can go shopping for the stuff that I don't want the wife to know about.

So far for 2020, my cash back reward is already at $155 thru February. Since I pay off the balance every month, it is truly free money.

Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

LibertyMan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navigator2346 wrote:

Anyone use the TSD fuel card? Seems Pilot/FJ has suspended the great discount when using that card because of their relationship with Good Sam. Looks like the only thing you can now get at Pilot/FJ is their huge 8 cents a gallon discount on diesel

This is from the TSD website:

Quote:
As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place.

Where is that on their website? I cannot find it anywhere on their site. And how would they know it's an RV being filled up and not something else? Not questing you specific, just ticks me off.

2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

LibertyMan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I contacted Pilot/FlyingJ and this was the response I got about the TSD fuel card.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It was recently brought to our attention that TSD Logistics was reselling fuel by offering their discounts outside of their company. We were unaware of this activity and did not agree to the resale of our fuel.

We appreciate your business and are available to discuss this directly by contacting us at (865) 474-3986."

So it sounds to me that it is a game of wording. It was my understanding that when I applied for and received my TSD card, I was a part of the company technically speaking which allowed for the discounts to be received. I guess Pilot/FlyingJ perceived it differently. Hopefully they will not loose anything with Loves because that is where the big discounts were.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Class A DP 1 wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

Use your Costco Citi Bank card. 1-4% cash back. It adds up FAST.

Does the Costco card need be used only at Costco?

No.. It's a Visa card. But the cashback is greater if used at costco...4%...that's 12 cents a gollon savings. Now, if you used it to purchase gas at a Kroger, Smith's, ect., you'de realize a 3% cashback and your points savings from the grocery store....Stacking up savings is great.

DustyR

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam's Club will give you 5% on fuel purchases anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. That is one solution, the other is use Pilot/FJ as a last alternative.

2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

ExxWhy

not here

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/20 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just used it for the first time yesterday at a Loves. Saved over 20 bucks on just one fill.

DustyR

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/20 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam's Club will give you a 5% discount on fuel using their credit card. That seems to be the best option at Pilot/FJ IMHO.

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just use your TDS card at Love's, TA or PETRO and love it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> TSD Fuel Card
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.